Fibromyalgia Community
chills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

chills

I have chills every day that come and go. Could this be a symptom of fibromyalgia?
Wow! I'm not alone, I still don't have a clue as to what the actual diagnosis for the symtoms (symptoms) I have is going to be, but I'll tell you what, I get chills right down my spine all the time and I can't stand even the thaught of going out in the cold weather. I take Tremadol 300mg a day (Pain Releif) for a sore back and the chills go away also, so there definately has to be a connection. If my diagnosis is Fibromyalgia then there's a strong possability, I will let you know as soon as I find out.
Hello and welcome!
Just curious- are the chills you're describing like what MandFPaul has expressed? Or do you just get cold a lot? Because I think MandFPaul has describe more of a neurological response or "nerve chill." That could be attributed to Fibromyalgia most definitely. Sometimes there is degenerative discs involved- sometimes there isn't.  

If you just get cold a lot that could be a hormone regulatory issue, which is also common with Fibromyalgia. Many people who have FM or CFS also have Hypothyroidism or are borderline Hypothyroid. One of the symptom of Hypothyroidism is feeling cold when others are comfortable. This is something that can easily be tested for. Let me know what your thoughts are.
-Dusty
My entire body gets chills on and off all day everyday. I am anemic but my hemoglobin is up right now. The anemia is from kidney disease. I have had fibro. for years and thought it was all arthritis. I have most of the tender points and have injections from my rheumatologist usually once a month these days. Thanks for your reply.
Thank you for your reply, Hope you find out soon what is causing your chills.
I was always told if you get cold chills and then hot where you sweat that means you are in pain.