collar bone pain??
Hi, I've had fibro a long time. Recently I started having pain in my clavical/collar bone... It hurts on both sides and sometimes when I open my chest like pushing my shoulders back it feels like snap, crackle, pop along that bone. Can anyone relate to this?
I definitely get pain there but not the snap, crackle and popping.  My massage therapist does breast massage on me and showed me how to do it to myself and that helps to keep things loosened in that area.
I have the snap, crackle and pop in my collar bone. It's known as Crepitus. It can be a sign of osteoarthritis, or it can just be from tight muscles in the neck and shoulder area. And like Trudie mentioned massage does help. I also use a heat pack that you can throw in the microwave. I've purchased them at kiosks at malls, at Wal*Mart, TJ Max, Avon- all over the place. If I find one for sale, I usually buy one. I have some for my neck and shoulders, some for my lower back that wraps around my waist and some for my wrists and ankles. I am addicted to heat packs! :) Most of them can be placed in the freezer too. They are a wonderful investment. I hope this helps you. Take care.
I'm pretty sure I had a right clavicle fracture a few years ago but was discouraged by friends because there was no outward signs of injury.  Last July I found swelling over the inside of my collar bone.  There is crepitus when I raise and bring forward my right arm.  Also have great pain bending forward, like a tendon (?) gets caught and has to snap back into place before I can straighten!
I have fibromyalgia for years & CFS more years on top of it.  The past two weeks both collarbone pain shoulder pain shoulder blade pain neck pain and now I feel like there head ache on the back on my skull! I cannot continue my life with this pain!