could this be fibromyalgia?
Hi, I have been dealing with horrible muscle spasms and pain in my legs and arms and just recently stabbing pains in feet and wrists for almost a month now. I have had exrays and ultra sound with nothing broke or clots. now I was sent for a brain mri could anybody please shed some light as to what this may be? I have never had any problems like this before. I am 31 years old and a mother of 2. This is very annoying because nobody seems to know what this is. It is making me depressed because if nobody knows what this is then how can they cure it, right? anybodys stories or help would be greatley appreciated, thanks

Hi ! One thing that I tell anyone who thinks they may have fibromyalgia is to rule out many other conditions. Stabbing and spasms can and are often seen in fibromyalgia patients, but other conditions can cause these symptoms as well. One thing I would certainly do is ask your physician about taking a magnesium supplement and B12 (via injections or sublingually). Also consider checking out our health care pages. The Newly Diagnosed page will list a number of health conditions that you should consider ruling out with your physician before being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Also, the diagnostic health care page (link below) will list some of the tests that many fibromyalgia patients fail. The tender point testing is usually how physicians are now diagnosing fibromyalgia.

Newly Diagnosed ?

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Newly-Diagnosed/show/754?cid=39

Diagnostic and Blood Tests to Help Diagnose Fibromyalgia

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Diagnostic--Blood-Tests-to-Help-Diagnose-Fibromyalgia/show/377?cid=39
The magnesium is a good idea. . . get some with calcium!
However, it also sounds like you have some pinched nerves, try stretching your back and leg mucsles often!
Hold the stretch for several seconds.
You might be surprised to hear this, but I just saw my neurologist who told me to take the magnesium and the calcium at least an hour apart.  I had a hard time following his detailed explanation of why this is, but he told me that taking magnesium with calcium at the same time is actually a waste of money and effort because one essentially doesn't actually get either one of the minerals absorbed into the body when the minerals are taken together at the same time.  I didn't know this before either--'til my neurologist told me.