Fibromyalgia Community
does this sound like fibro?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

does this sound like fibro?

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia already so I'm not looking for a diagnoses. I just am looking for confirmation. I spent years going to doctors about my knees and arms, but I always considered the pain in different areas separate issues. Now a few months ago I got a new doctor, explained my symptoms and he was very quick to diagnose me with fibromyalgia after taking a blood test and having everything comes back normal, along with having childhood trauma and ongoing depressiont through life. I'm 24 years old and this has been going on since probably about since I was 19 or 20.
So this is what I feel, let me know if you guys think it sounds like fibromyalgia..
I don't get the pain every day. I can go days and weeks without it, or I can go days and weeks with it. It's very random, I can't find a pattern. So the pain...It can be in some of these areas OR all of these areas at once: legs (hips, thighs, knees,shins, ankles, bottoms of feet and toes), arms (upper arm, wrists and fingers) .. it ranges from dull and achey (achy) to sharp. Sometimes I will get these random sharp stabs in random areas for a few seconds to a few minutes.. like just a minute ago I got a bad sharp pain in my 3rd toe on my left foot. The pain will flare up bad in one Area for a few minutes and then die down or it stays achey (achy) all over for long periods of time. It seems to move around, up and down my legs. It feels like it starts in my joints and spreads out to my muscles like heat. Standing and walking can cause it to flare, but sitting can too. It's so painful and annoying.

What do you all think?
I have been having these same aches and stabbing pains in my hips and legs for two years.  The orthopedic surgeon diagnosed me with hip bursitis.  The neurosurgeon looked and my MRI and had no answer for my severe hip pain.  My family doctor prescribed Meloxicam which is helpful.  Last year I had a steroid lumbar injection, and I felt like I was 12 years old again.  The pain subsided completely for 8 months and gradually has come back.  I am going back to the doctor this week because I really do not want to take the steroid injection again.  I want to know what is going on and causing this pain.  I have not yet been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but the neurosurgeon said that it may be a diagnosis.  There was no arthritis on my MRI.  I welcome any comments.