dysautonomia
I have POTS. Have been having gallbladder attacks since last September but no stones. The hydascan indicated the function of my gb is down to 12%. I have surgery scheduled for day after tomorrow but am torn about it. My physican explained that he could not guarantee this would help my pain, as it could be coming from the POTS.  Is there any additional risk because I have POTS?  What can I expect during recovery.
Hi!
Yes, a physical and emotional stress like going through a surgery can worsen the symptoms of POTS. You must have already had the surgery. The pain due to gall bladder issues should subside. However, yes, initially the symptoms of POTS may worsen. Post surgery, you must eat small meals several times a day. Avoid sudden changes in position and bending down. Avoid dehydration. Eat a healthy diet. Avoid energy drinks. Walk around but avoid strain and strenuous exercises. Slowly move back into your routine. Be in touch with your healthcare provider for complete recovery. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.