Fibromyalgia Expert Forum
extreme fatigue and 24/7 calf pain

This expert forum is for questions and information regarding Fibromyalgia. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

extreme fatigue and 24/7 calf pain

I have had Fibro over 15 years. One Rheumatologist said I had severve level of fibro and had to accept I was disabled. Other Rheumatologist said i am not disabled and "Your perspection of your pain is not the reality of your pain and is sending me to Psychiartrist. I have also been told I have severe Restless Leg Syndrome and PAD. Is is possible that I am actually having severe calf pain or am I crazy as Dr thinks?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Pain in the calf muscles is a symptom of PAD as well as Fibromyalgia . You could be experiencing it genuinely and it is not psychological . The management of the symptoms consists of exercises like swimming , cycling , stretching , walking  to condition the muscles which relieves the pain and also reduces fatigue . Application of heat to the muscles helps reduce the pain  .Medical treatment comprises of  OTC painkillers like
Ibuprofen , Tramadol , antidepressants  . Please consult a physician to discuss these symptoms and treatment options . Please take advise for the use of painkillers  since you have associated PAD . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !  
Thank you for your advice. I currently take 250mg of Lyrica and Tylenol for pain. I do heat for my calves. I have a problem walking as I have severe swelling of feet and legs and do not bike due to OA of my knees. I am going to start water aerobics in my son's pool at least 3 to 4 days a week per physical therapist suggestion.  I currently am on antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills also. Thank you for taking my problem seriously, it is nice to have someone believe me. I do strecthing exercises daily for over 4 years.
Again thank you for listening and answering my question with compassion. You do not know how much better I feel that at least one person believes I may not be crazy!
Sincerely thanking you,
Monkey1mill
A related discussion, always tired and sore ! was started.