Fibromyalgia Community
extreme hip pain any advise
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

extreme hip pain any advise

hi all

do any of you get hip pain? i have had it on and off when sitting on hard surface or laying on either hip at night but of late about 3 mths i have such bad pain in my hips i cannot sit,lay or sleep it aches so bad with sharp stabbing pains on top i have tried a osteopath in the past which helped and i have done hydro but cant do it at the moment as it makes the pain worst the muscles are so tight i do stretching exercises hot baths what else could i try i've also tried hand held tens machine and heat pads.

is this fibro? or something else on top. any advise be good. sam
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
975514_tn?1325001538
Hello,
I am not sure what the problem could be? I have heard of people having hip bursitis with your type of pain, or even pain from sciatica can cause hip pain, which I have, but typically, in order to be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you need to have pain in at least 11 of the 18 tender point identified by Rheumatologist for diagnostic purposes.

Have you been seen by a Rheumatologist? They would be the doctor best fit to diagnose Fibromyalgia. I have posted a link here from our website (MedHelp) of the common symptoms of Fibromyalgia. You can find this in the Health Topics tab at the top of the page too.

http://www.medhelp.org/medical-information/show/124/Fibromyalgia?page=1#sec_262
Blank
I have bursitis and while I can't say that's what you have I know I can't sleep on the side where I have it. I've tried many things and have gotten the best results with GENTLE yoga. It has taken some time and I also walk which...if you do have bursitis you're supposed to rest. But yoga has been great for me.
good luck and good health.
Blank
Yes I have bursitis in my right hip, also was shown in MRI that is was bursitis and arthritis. It hurts and has flares as well. Sometimes it keeps me from sleeping well. I have had several shots in hip, one for bursitis with out XRay used and one with Xray and sedation. Both times it helped, but has come back on and off after a few months. Just a shot in my doctors office into my sore area was a big relief!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank