Fibromyalgia Community
feet burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

feet burning

How common is burning and itching of the soles of the feet in fibromyalgia? I have been to a podiatrist who ended up sending me to a pain specialist. He has recently started me on lyrica which has helped some, but I still cannot wear anything but clogs or Birkenstock sandals. Any suggestions?
I had those burning soles of the feet, it was awful. I used ice packs on them. I'm on Lyrica now and haven't had the problem. lyrica take a while to work. It took about a month and the dr. wants me to up the dose. I don't want to as I am so fatigued.  Whatever helps, do it!
Avatar n tn
thanks for the reply. I know you must hear this alot, but, it seemed like I was the only one to be experiencing these weird symptoms. Do you think the lyrica makes you tired? I recently mentioned this to my pain specialist and he did not attribute it to the meds. Thanks

I had the burning and itching feet and i still do get it now and again but have found the lyrica has helped it, i am on 450mg a day now.

I find the lyrica does make you sleepy and if so you should be carefull driving, i'm not sure why your pain specialist said it does not.

Sam
Lyrica made me so tired the first month, I thought I would never want to move again!  But low and behold that side effect went away. I am still a bit tired, but nothing like at first. Some people do not get that tired on Lyrica, i sure did and my rhemy said it is normal and will go away. He wants me to up my dose and says as I go up, most likely I will be tired again. He also mentioned taking all the pills at night. I told him it didn't seem to make a difference. I woke up tired. Not much now and I am not looking forward to going up. I am on 150 mg. now.