Fibromyalgia Expert Forum
fibromyalgia with inflamation(inflammation)

This expert forum is for questions and information regarding Fibromyalgia. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

fibromyalgia with inflamation
I was diagnosed with FM 4 years ago and just recently had a bad flare. My family doctor put me on a Medrol dose pack and did a blood test for Lupus. My FM includes inflamation is what she told me, however everything I have read about FM says that inflamation is not a symptom of FM. I have many of the symtoms of Lupus and I have been reading a lot about it, but my blood test was negative. So my questions are is inflamation a sympton of FM  and could I still have Lupus even though the blood work was negative?
Hi Friend,
You can still have Lupus,even though the reports are normal. So the treating doctor can give a full clear diagnosis.
Also one important thing----Fibromyalgia doesn't flare up.
I would suggest you to meet a good Rheumatologist.
Regards
lak
A related discussion, fibromyalgia was started.