fibromyalgia
I am 30yrs old and i am  taking Cymbalta for my Fibromyalgia pain but i have to stop it do to my insurance. It works REALLY well for my pain. I wanted to know if anyone is taking Lyrica for their pain and if it works.
Lyrica is not an antidepressant and it personally did not work for me, but everyone is different.
It is a shame your insurance co. won't cover Cymbalta when it is working.  Isn't there something your doctor can do to have the insurance co. cover this medication? I would call the insurance co. and see if there is anyway around this.
I to am on Cymbalta and I also do not have insurance. I have gotten intouch with the makers of Cymbalta and they have sent me a form for my Dr. to fill out and return to them that will allow me to get the medicine for free. There is a company called Bridges for Access that helps those without insurance that needs their meds. I also have tried Lyrica and found it helpful but it is also extremely expensive. I am not sure if their is assistance available since it is rather new. Good Luck and keep the faith. otis
I have been taking Lyrica for over a year now for my fibro and I find it works quite well.  It does tend to be expensive though.  One thing that I have found with the Lyrica is that over time you need to increase the dose to get effective relief.  Hope this helps.
Best wishes
I took Lyrica for my fibro although it really helped with the pain, I had excessive weight gain and my hands and feet swelled. That doesnt happen to everyone.. you might go online there are several companies that will help you pay for your meds. good luck
I too took Lyrica but unfortunately it did not work for me.  I had too many of the side effects including blurry vision and severe forgetfulness.  Cymbalta gives me migraines and I have just weaned myself off of that as well.  I don't know what's next.  Good Luck
ask for samples from any doctor you can