Fibromyalgia Community
flupirtine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

flupirtine

I read some posts about a drug called Flupirtine. Can I get this in the US? Does anyone with fibro take it?  I also have this horrible pelvic pain that makes it difficult to sit for more than 5 minutes. My pubic bone hurts and it spreads to the back. It hurts so bad that the Norco does not touch it. I have had MRS's and everything. I am so depressed that I can't sit. I am looking for any kind of advise.Recently when I sit I get numb in the front and back of my pelvis. I just don't know what to do next. There is a doctor named Sturet (sp) Silverman that is the head of the Fibromyalgia and osteoporpsis at Cedar Sinai (sp) hospital in Los Angeles that I am thinking of trying. Has anyone heard of him? any help will be appreciated as I am sick of laying in bed. Hugs, T
I am sorry to hear about your pain. Actually this drug is not available yet in the US. I've been watching closely to hear news of it though as I am very curious about it though. From what I understand it is in the beginning stages to win the FDA approval, which unfortunately will probably take a million years if we go by the typical FDA clock. The drug, which is slated to be called "Effirma" will most likely not be out for awhile. Here is a link about it if you are interested from about.com.

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/latestresearch/a/effirmaforfibro.htm