Fibromyalgia Community
has anyone experienced this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

has anyone experienced this?

A couple of days ago, I woke up with this like three inch section of my leg with stabbing pain. It's on my right leg, and too far towards the inner part of my leg to be shin splints. Plus it mainly only hurts if I barely touch it on anything. It hurts sometimes when I'm just sitting or laying down, or walking it will sometimes just all the sudden have stabbing pain really quickly. I've tried to see if a tendon or muscle or something can cause this kind of pain in such a small area, but havent been able to find anything. It feels swollen and tight, and even the lightest touch to this three inch section about sends me through the roof it kills so bad. Has anyone ever had this?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without complete evaluation it may be difficult for me to determine the exact cause of your symptoms. Some injuries or spinal problems can cause aches and pains in the leg. Shin splints can cause pain just behind the tibia or along it. They usually occur when too much force bears down on the shinbone and connective tissue which connect muscle to the bone. It is common in runners and those who are involved in squash, tennis, soccer or basketball. There is soreness, pain, tenderness, and mild swelling in the affected area. Strains and sprains are other few possibilities. Peripheral artery disease, deep vein thrombosis, peripheral neuropathy are few other conditions causing leg pains. Take a NSAID for relief in symptoms. Seeing a primary care physician is very important. He will further refer you to an orthopaedician or other specialist based on the clinical findings. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!