Fibromyalgia Community
in so much pain, no results, trying to figure this out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Can those of you that suffer and have been diagnosed with Fibromylagia (fibromyalgia) please explain to me some of the symptoms? I have a very sore spot (have had for 2 years) under left breast. I did have a rib go in and out of place on that side, seems to be back in place. In the past 5 months pain is now above breast in one place, sometimes exact spot in back (opposite spot in front) and between both breast. I took a majic marker and actually drew a circle where I feel I keep grabbing at when I get spasms of pain. Doctor was not impressed with my art work. I have had, stress test, Xray, mammogram and CAT scan. Everything comes back normal. Regular doc put me on valium and tramadol. Cardiologist put me on vicodin and gabapentin. The pain is a constant and some days unbearable. The pills just seem to numb it and me. I stopped the gabapentin because my head was in such a fog and I felt irritable and angry. Doc is saying probably fibromylagia (fibromyalgia) and wants me to see a pain specialist and have an MRI done on spine. I would truly appreciate any help in trying to get some answers. I am sick of pain and pills, just want to cut off this top side of my body.
Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact treatment for your condition only after a complete medical evaluation. Fibromyalgia is a condition that develops over time. Before making the diagnosis of fibromyalgia it is important to rule out other diseases and conditions. Chronic fatigue syndrome, mental stress are few conditions which can mimic fibromyalgia. Muscle weakness, pain and fatigue are few of the common symptoms of fibromyalgia. Patients with fibromyalgia develop tenderness at certain soft-tissue areas in the body and to make the diagnosis of fibromyalgia, the patient must experience pain on at least 11 of the 18 possible trigger points. In fibromyalgia medicines should always be used along with exercise and behavior therapy. Medications like Duloxetione, pregabalin and Milnacipram have been approved for treating fibromyalgia.Duloxetine, Lyrica, and milnacipran are medications that are approved specifically for treating fibromyalgia. Take adequate rest and sleep. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!