inactivity, and bone loss - should i take calcium?
i've had fatigue syndrome for almost 3 years - so i lie down a lot and not one-fifth of how active i used to be. i've improved gradually but for the first 2 years i was very inactive. should i be taking calcium? my levels seem okay. do you get calcium levels tested? have you had a test for osteoporosis or bone density?
thanks :)
I take calcium supps along with many others because teeth problems due to Sjogrens lack of Salvia. Doc's recommend calcium supp to most women past 30 or 40 I believe. If you are inactive, yogurt might be good because it would help with digestive health. When you are inactive it seems you always have digestive problems. Good luck.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get some blood tests run and to ask for a bone density test as well. You should definitely be taking some kind of calcium supplement, but make sure you discuss this with your doctor. Also, in order for your body to absorb it properly you should be taking a decent amount of vitamin D3 as well. When you have Fibro, CFS, or thyroid issues going on it's very easy for your body to lose it fast. Your body will not absorb the vitamin D, therefore the calcium absorption won't be happening either. I would definitely have a talk with the doc and do some research online too.
-Dusty