is there anything else I can do
I was diagnosed with fibro and cfs about a year ago, I have been dealing with the pain and the only meds I take at this time is baclofen I only noticed cause I stopped taking it for two months is it helps with my headaches which I usually only get on the left side of my head lol does is that normal? I usually now only get bad really bad headaches now when I get my period, and I can deal for now with the pain sometimes it feels like someone is taking a machete and cutting off my knees. I also get alot of spasms throughout my body and even in my stomache there just annoying to me. I guess it just gets really bad around my mnothly cycle heaches are horrible is there anything I can do to help this or avoid getting them

"I usually now only get bad really bad headaches now when I get my period"

I had the same problem. There are three things that help my headaches... massage therapy, hormone replacement therapy and relpax (medication for migraines).
I have bad headaces, and I was on Maxalt (for migranes) it workes within like 60 mins. After awhile, I started on Topamax to help them.
they have me on fiorcet for them and they don't really help much Ill ask my dr. about the other ones ty
right before my period my head pain slams me too,i mentioned this to doc, she didn't say much but did act as though it could ,I'm going to make an appt. with a gyn to talk about my hormone levels to see if something can be done.I've had fibro for 12 years, the last two have been so much harder
My doctor gave me Frova (http://www.frova.com/dtp/index.aspx#) for my period related migraines. I was diagnosed with seizures (still sketchy on that one) and my neurologist said that migraines can be more frequent around that time of the month as well as seizure activity.

Are your muscle spams worse around your period too?

I had a neurologist tell me that FMS is neurologically related and though to my knowledge there are not associated lesions or anything like that, she told me to keep following up with a neurologist for medication specifically for FMS.