just diagnosed
Hi im a 29 yr old mother of 4. I just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia today. Im not sure on the diagnosis yet the symptoms seem to fit. I have bad spasms where i can see the nerves under my skin pop. And my legs and arms will jerk. I also have pain in my legs and sometimes it burns and my legs want to colapse from under me or my feet will hurt and feel like pins and needles. I also get migrains and dizzy spells and sometimes have memory problems or almost like black out. i will be involved in a conversation but then miss bits and pieces of it. I also have a hard time with my lower and middle of my back hurting. And it sometimes hurt to be touched in certain places like to be hugged or when my husband plays and tries to pick me up. The only reason that im kinda questioning the diagnosis is cause what ive read states that it is having a low threshold for pain. And i have been through some painful things and always thought that i had a pretty high tolerance to pain. But the neuro gave me savella to try and im not sure if i want to since im a nursing mom and its not recomended for nursing moms. Anyone know of a medication used to treat this condition that is? He also gave me a pamplet for an attorney to sign up for social security. Anyone here win social security with only a fibromyalgia diagnosis? Thanks for help. chreey
Hi. Glad you are feeling better. I am still not doing good. I am still waiting on the lyme results as this has been the longest week of my life! I will definately keep you all posted on my results as soon as I get them. Take care & god bless
Hello. I wanted to ask you a question. I called the doc office and asked about my lyme test its not in yet but the nurse said that my cd57 came back low which is suspicious for lyme. What does that mean in ur opinion. Does this usually take this long? Thanks.
Mine was at 60, but I have heard of others being as low as 7.  2 weeks to get test back, BUT with more people getting tested, they run them in FULL batches, so yours might have been an early sample and they were waiting to fill up the batch.  Take a deep breath.  it will be in soon.   Let me know the results.  Thnx.
Hello. I was just wondering what kind've vitamins did the doc put you on for fibromyalgia? I am still having the tremors and they are all the time and I can feel them all over including my heart and head and it's not getting better. Can u tell me about the neurontin. i want these symptoms to go away already. I got my results from the mri of the spine from the neuromuscular doc and she said all was normal nothing wrong with my nerves or evidence of ms or anything and she dismissed me :( i dk how evrything is suppose to be normal but yet I feel worse.
Take Magnesium for the fasticulations, Borrelia utilize and create a shortage of Mg leading to muscle jerks and tremors.
I hightly recommend taking as little pills as necessary. Especially try to stay away from the anti-depressants. I have had fibro. since 1993. I did not know how they effected me so much until I had to go with out them this year. I suggest for pain try the more natural and holistic route. Go to chiropractor, get massages, go to accupuncturist. Use ice packs and hot baths to soothe pain. Get a routine. Go to bed and get up at the same time each morning and do not give up exercise even if you think you just cannot do it. Low impact and stretching are useful and important. Go to the pool for some classes. This helps a lot with pain and can keep fit. Get into a support group there are others that share your pain and frustrations. Medications can have so many side effects that just are not worth it. Find a good specialist. Keep switching until you are satisfiedl. Do research and ask questions. It is your body and no one else knows how you feel except you. I recommend getting a good lawyer and try to get any kind of disability right away. Keep a journal each day. A pain and sleep diary will be good. Change your eating habits and eat healthy. Foods that give you energy are important. Do stress Management techniques so you don't get so overwhelmed. Have a support system, people that are supportive of you only. Stay away from negative energy. This is not helpful. This is the best advice I can give you. If you follow this you will be able to cope with this syndrome.
The neurontin is acually a seizure medication that is prescribed for Fibromyalgia. It helps with pain, stiffness, and spacity. I am able to run and walk without a walker. I take the lowest dose possible. The vitamins are bought through www.birkgrove.com. I go to these people, but I am sure you can buy them over the internet. They are made especially for Fibromyalgia. I take the FM/CFS support pack which consists of 8 vitamins. One of them is fish oil, magnesium, vitamin D, 3 B complex vitamins, cortex fatigue, and Folic acid. I skipped a dose of the vitamins and neurontin one day and felt like I did before I started this treatment plan. Once they got back in my system I felt like me again. The vitamins are fairly inexpensive. They cost $72.00 per 60 packs. They are wonderful.
Hey everyone! Sorry its been so long since i have been on. Been so tired lately and so much going on. My daughter ended up in the hospital diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. My husband decided to fall 16 foot off the building they were working on. So its been a mess. Update on me. Well I have went in twice for injections in my back. First time ended up feeling worse. The second time felt a bit better for first week but my legs hurt worse. Still having major back problems and hip problems. My hips feel like there coming out of place when i walk sometimes. Legs just hurt and burn. Still have the spasms. And my eyes act up occasionally will look at a number and think it says one thing and say to myself that isn't right and look again and its a different number. I swear im going nuts. Still having migrains on top of a severe cold i have now. Still tired all the time and majorly moody. And the fibrofog omg its the worst! I cant remember anything will get up and go in a room and forget before i even get there why i even got up. can't remember two digits numbers on certain days. And my hearing seems to be affected. I have weaned my daughter down to nursing only at bedtime so getting closer with that. I have everything filed for ssi and may have to soon go in for a mental exam. Really thinking of getting a lyme test done now. Because i swear this is more to whats going on then fibro if its fibro at all. Its just intuition that i keep getting. My half brother has MS and him and i have the same symptoms so maybe both of us should get tested for lyme. Also considering seeing a rematologist how ever ya spell that lol because my neuro does seem to be in it for money and a second oppinion wouldn't hurt anyway.
Hey Chreey I am so sorry to hear about your problems. We all have the same symptoms and I am taking some things now that have helped. I was considering disability until this treatment became an option. I will copy my message that I sent to MelMel.
I wish you the best. Fibromyalgia has so many associated disorders and symptoms it is crazy. I was diagnosed with dysautonomia as well. You may want to look into that also. Take care.
My mother takes neurotin and that is some strong stuff. I may talk to the dr about it once im get dd completely weaned. He wanted me to try the savella but i've heard some really bad things about it. But everyone is different hopefully it will help me and i won't have all the side effects. I have heard of taking the vitamins magnesium i believe is supposed to be for spasms and the b vitamins are for your nerves overall. But don't those only help if your body is defficient in them to start with?
Ewford,
My lymes test came back and I am writing to tell you "thank you" from the bottom of my heart. I tested positive by Igenex standards. I am so happy because I finally know that I am not crazy and I knew something was causing these symptoms. I can't thank you enough and i know the lord put you in my path to help me and others. God bless you and may you continue to help others by informing about this disease.
For everyone else on this site Family 2011 & Chreey please get tested for lymes disease!!!! I know how it feels to be looking for answers for so many years and your health is not getting better and everyone around you including your family members look at you like your crazy because all your lab works and scans and mris come back normal. May god bless you all!
Im glad you followed through with the test and got your anwser. So is the treatment antibiotics? I read that it can be cured at early stages but the longer you have it the harder it is. So are they saying now that you just have lyme disease or do you in fact have both fibromyalgia and lyme?
Hello. I don't know exactly what the treatment is but as far as I know it is antibiotics and it is harder the longer you have it. But it's not impossible either. I will be moving in a week or so with my husband who is back from deployment so this was gods perfect timing. This is barely my first step because after so long of no doctor knowing what was causing my symptoms I finally have an answer and hope. There is a LLMD there where we are moving and I will get all the answers to my questions. I will definatley keep you all posted and updated and hope you and family2011 the best of health and that you feel better soon! God bless.
Hey melmel,
I'm glad you on the right track.
Ewford's advice was spot on! Good for you.
I suggest at this point to look into Dr. Garth Nicolson's work (research and treatment), as he is one of the top experts in this field.
http://www.immed.org/treatment%20considerations/LymeTickTwnsndLet2007.285.93.98.pd

Lyme and Pathogenic Mycoplasma Infections require a very specific treatment protocol to be effective.
It is imperative at this point to do everything possible to strengthen your immune system.
There is no amount of doxycycline or other antibiotics
that can can kill the infection as they are bacteriostatic and not bactreriocidal agents.
Once the pathogen's growth and activity is inhibited by the
antibiotics, only your immune system- in due time- will  be able to identify and destroy the pathogens, provided that it is strong enough to do so.

One more thing to note: Any elevated levels of yeast or fungal metabolites( extremely common in cases like yours) in your body, have to be dealt with asap. A comprehensive antifungal diet along with a prebiotic and probiotic regiment of the highest quality possible, would be in order.
Supplementing also with extra virgin coconut oil -as it has great antifungal properties - will ensure positive results.
This will take a  big load off your immune system, as the treatment with antibiotics  destroys part of the healthy flora (80% of the immune system is in the gut).
This will  give you a better chance for a successful treatment.
If you need more info, let me know.
Blessings,
Nikodicreta

Hey guys! I am glad you have a diagnosis and am hopeful that your symptoms will disappear very soon. To answer your questions about defieiencies and vitamins: vitamins can help anyone and fibromyalgia takes so much out of a person the extra vitamins are needed. Deficiencies of vitamin D and B are very hard to diagnose because it can take up to 20 years for the test to come back abnormal. They have helped me with my legs, pain, memory, concentration, and fatique. I am greatful for them. Take care and keep in touch!
Hey everyone went to my neuro today and he gave me 30 free sample of the savella so im going to start on that. DD is pretty much weaned only once in a while will she take the breast at bedtime and then she really isn't getting anything its just using me as a human pacifier. Kinda worried about side effects but we shall see. Also have to have a baer test done. And am going to have my ssi results soon. Also got to have doc fill out a handicap paper so i can get a plate when i need it.
Thank you for the support and saying advice was "spot on".  I only wish others here would follow the advice and be tested correctly for Lymes and Mycoplasmas.  They all have the same symptoms and are being told it's Fibro, Lupus, ALS, MS, Hashimotos, Shogrens, Etc.  But when you get an additional diag of , let's say, Fibro, and you are also diaged w/ IBS, sinus infections, CFS and others, YOU REALLY NEED TO LOOK INTO LYME AND MYCOPLASMAS.  

Melmel, Niko is right as well, you need to reduce the inflamation and work on the fungal part as well.  This illness is actually a bacterial, viral AND fungal infection wrapped into one.  ALL need to be addressed to truly get well.
Im read some of the info on lyme disease and the testing. And im going to get tested for it just got to save up the money. Since the one lab doesn't bill insurance. There is a special disease specialist in lafayette indiana its about 45 min from my home that im going to check into so insurance can pay for some of it. I will probably have to have a refferal though im not sure. First day of the savella went ok just feel a little nausea.
Good luck to you and your testing. I was on meds and vitamins and now none it is working. It must have been a coincidence. I am frustrated!
hello. An update I just moved to a new location to be near a llmd and start treatment. I am praying the lord opens doors because everything is being closed in my face in the state I am in. We have to persevere and move forward because that is what god wants us to do~ not to give up~ I am including myself in this too. I hope that both of you find meds that will help you along with the help of the lord. I too am feeling sick and now lonely too! UGH! I will be praying for both of you that you all start feeling better soon.
Hello all just got back from my ssi mental exam and i would say it was a big FAIL i never felt so stupid in my life. My memory is far more worse than i though. I couldn't count backwards by 7's i got lost and i couldn't even remember 3-4 digit numbers. And one question was what is the difference between a cat and a monkey i said one is a feline and one is a ape couldn't remember the word primate. Couldn't remember capital of italy or what continent it was on i have to point in the air as if i was looking on a map. But one good thing i got the date right LOL! So if this goes anything like my sons did i will have my first decision by the end of next week.
You are not stupid, it is part of fibromyalgia. Not to mention you have four kids. I probably couldn't tell you my name. I hope you get it. My husband wants me to file, but I like working. It is hard, but I like to socialize and be a part of something. I am praying about it. I have been told I have essential tremor by three docs but no one said it could be the cause of my spasticy, but from my research it can cause it. I guess that is why the medication is helping. I wish these brainiacs would have mentioned that to me before I drove 3 hours to go to the doctor and before I ran thousands of dollars in tests. MD stands for medical dummy... Take care and keep in touch.
LOL! MD stands for medical dummy that is what I needed to hear today to start my day with a smile. Thanks! My husband wants me to file for ssi also but I will not do it because I have the hope of one day being able to drive again and especially work. I am tired of being isolated and not being able to work and I can't wait to get out there and show the world what I am capable of doing. I am under a humongous amount of stress right now with the move, trying to keep my family together, homeschooling now and on top of that trying to keep a house in order. I hope you guys start feeling better soon!
hey all sounds like you got a full plate melmel. I think stress is a big part of my problem as well. I called the neuro today because i started that savella monday and doc told me he wanted me back in a week im guessing to titrate my meds up since he only started me on 25 mg daily. And the receptionist didn't make my apt until oct 17 so i called to see if i should increase it myself and she got me in on oct 6th. Family these docs don't care they are all about the money. Im starting to really feel this way about my doc. After i get my first denial from ssi im going to make an apt to get a second oppinion from a rheumatologist and check into the lyme testing also. Just got to find out if i need a refferel from neuro or from primary doc or what.
Yes Stress is a huge factor and lately since my move and homeschooling my boys and living in an expensive state and not being able to work has added more stress on my body! I thought by god telling me what I had it was going to be easy peasy but of course not! I just ask god for strength because I have a lot on my plate. And we the also rescued a dog from our hometown a couple of weaks before we moved and the dog looked like it was dying and it had mange. And yes, some doctors are all about the money that's why they became doctors. A very few actually care about the patient. My experience with the rheumatologist was the worst I ever had and I hope it goes better for you. He treated like if I was not a person just a case that needed to be put apart and investigated for what he thought was wrong with me. I said nothing and he asked what insurance I had and started running blood work and xrays and the worst was he grabbed me hard at my joint areas and asked if it hurt well ya it hurts if you grab someone super hard! So never again am I going to see that nut! Well it's a brand new day and hope you have a good one!
Hey you all. Mel Mel I will pray for you and if you two don't care I would like to put you on our church's prayer list. I will just use Mel and Chreey if ok. The rheumatologist was a waste of time for me also. He gave me the dx of fibro and then sent me to a fibro specialist. How long have you all been sick? Did it come on all at once, or was it slowly progressive? My legs pretty much started over night with a few encounters prior too, but nothing major. The rest of it was slowly progressive. I am just curious.
Goodmorning. I absolutely do not mind if you put me on your church's prayer list. I have faith in the lord I just don't know his plan for me but it's not for me to know. I just want to start feeling better and that's what I have been praying for. I have been sick for almost 3 1/2 years. It has been slowly progressive to where for those 3 years I was just dizzy and then all of a sudden this beginning it hit me like a ton of bricks and got very bad. Thank you so much you don't know how much this means to me that people out there care! Have a good day and I hope you get better soon too!
I don't mind if you put me on prayers list. And mine started about 2 years ago. It started by my hands jumping of the bed like a crazy hand from the adams family. Then led to spasms all over my body and now to aching and hurting and migrains and fibro fog and just zoning out and not hearing anything. Had an abnormal eeg also two years ago and thats all they found then and then went back after i had my child cause i promised my mom i would since my brother was diagnosed with ms and then found out it was fibromyalgia in i think it was june. well time to hit the sack night all.
hello all just an update went to neuro today he upped my savella to 100mg daily and i go back for a test on the 13th and recheck on meds the 17th. got my medical records today from him its also noted in there about myoclonus and restless leg sydrome and i asked him about it and its all from the fibromyalgia. My ct also said i have mild degereative disc disease changes and narrowing of the l5-s1 and mild degenerativer changes in the facet joints what ever that means lol
fibro fog its actually 50mg a day
Hello. Is the savella working for you? Why did your doc up the dosage? So has any of the medications that your neurologist put you on help you? I am still waiting for my appointment on the 18th of october to see the LLMD. I am anxious to see her because I am not on any medications and I am only getting worse seems by the day :( I am now worried because my son sees how sick I am and telling my husband that I don't look well. I don't want my kids to be worried about me. I hope the medication starts working for you and you find what's wrong with you soon. Take care & god bless you.
So far the savella isn't working i was kinda hoping it was only cause id been on it  11 days. thats why he upped it to see if it would finally work. And the injections don't help either. Sorry about your kids having to worry about you. I guess you could look at it this way at least they do care. My oldest son doesn't give a rat. And i swear every day that goes by i think his personaility is more psychopathic. And that maybe the stress from dealing with him has put me in this position. So i guess thats all i could say is be happy that they love you so much and don't want to see you in pain. And it may make them feel better if you let them do little things for you so they don't feel helpless and not able to do anything.
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently...I to have applied for ssdi.I will have a decision some time this month.I am taking Savella,and other meds also.
ronmell is the savella helping you what mg are you on and for how long? Have you tried any other meds?
I am sorry your kids are having a hard time dealing with this. Mine use to cry themselves to cry at bedtime, thus I would cry once they were in bad. Very sad, but now my we make fun of my crazy walk. he can duplicate it rather well. When my "tummy" hurts they rub it for me, or give me massages when my neck and back hurts. They pray every night, "Thank you God for fixing my mom." Even though I am not fixed I tend to sit and not move when my legs are crazy so they don't see it. It is so hard with little ones. Chreey I am sorry you feel that your oldest doesn't care. Maybe he/she does not understand it? I will continue to pray, and try the neurontin to see if it helps. Between that and the vitamins I feel a lot better as far as my legs. I have a new dx by the way: advanced benign essential tremor... We will see how long that diagnosis will stay. Take care everyone.
Yes the Savella is working for me i do believe.I take 50mg,and have been on it almost a month.And i understand about the children.We have a 2year old and a 9mth old..It's terribly hard on me but it's a job i can't quit.lol
Hey all,
I need some help. I have in pain for years. I first found out I have thyroid problems. Now they are fine with meds. Then my vitam D was low. I take 50,000 units of vitamin D a week. But was still having chest pain, pain all over my body, lots of muscel spasims. They found out I have fibromyalgia so they put me on 60 mg cymbalta and something mild for pain. I feel like I am going crazie. I can't remember things and can't make decisions. The Dr up my cybalta to 120 mg. I don't like myself or the way I feel or act. Can someone please help me. I feel I need to be put in the hospital for a while. My Dr Rumeatoligist says I need to stretch and exerice. It is hard to work. I have panic attackes going to work. Any suggestions?
Investigate Pathogenic Mycoplasmas.
Sounds like a full blown widespread Incognitus-Fermentans Mycoplasma
Infection.
The infection has affected your neurons and your central nervous system.
Malic acid will help with the controlling the  muscle toxicity caused by
Tartaric acid, for now. And Magnesium Chloride (transdermal) will help.
Your cells' mitichondria are dysfunctional, so Co-Q10 may help on a temp basis
But if the infection does not get eliminated, your conditions  status is chronic "autoimmune and neurodegenereative disease" that comes with a variety of labels.
Please look up also Dr. G. Nicolson, an expert in this.
My advice does not constitute professional consultation.
Blessings
Nikodicreta

I would take your medications to the pharmacist and have them check to see if they interact with one another. Cymbalta can cause depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts. If you began feeling like you are going crazy and not liking yourself after you started taking this medication then you should come off with the doctor's instruction. Best of luck to you.
I went to the DR today. She was wanting to write me out of work for a while but I can't afford for her to do that. I keep trying to work . Some days are hard. I go back to my Rheumatologists on the 27. It is hard to get apointments around here. All the Dr's I have talked to thinks that Cymbalta is the best meds for fibro. I have had drepression in my past and been on anitdepression. I'm not having many spasm now. But my arms, back , neck and legs hurt like I have the flu. I hate complaining that I am still hurting to my Dr's. The fog I have seems to be one of the worst things and it make me feel like I am going crazy. Thanks for your help. God Bless you all!
I have had Fibro since 1995 and i am 39 now  i have tried all the meds the best one i feel works the best for me is Cymbalta, and naprosin  I also take a fluid pill because i have pulminary edema and it works.  Once you get rid of the inflamation in your body you will find alot more comfort i belive.  I also have meds for muscle spasms which i get alll the time.  Alot of stretching and walking is good for this disease.  I wish you the best with this it is miserable if you cant find the right management and i have had this for years and i am still struggling to manage it.  
well just got back from my testing. And the test he did i had done a couple of months ago i was one where i had to look at the flashing checker board and the other had to put headphones on had have a clicking in one ear and a hissing in the other. I will be suprised if i pass that one this time. During half of it i had the nerves on my right side of my brain firing off was driving me nuts. And i didn't have that happen the first time i did the test. So i go on monday to get results, injections, and recheck on meds.
Are they checking you for MS or what?
I actually have no idea what he is checking me for. I had this test done about 4 months ago and it was fine. I told the doc where my migraines have been and that ive had some balance and coordination issues and dizziness and he said ok we are going to do this test. The last time i had these test done though it was part of the testing for MS. But he told me that i didn't have MS because the test came back ok and the mri as well. I told the guy about the spams in my head after the test was done and he asked me if i had a history of seizures and i told him well my first eeg was abnormal but the last one that he just did a couple months back looked much better. Its just crazy. I still worry about having MS cause fibro and MS symptoms are so much alike. My brother who has MS seems to go through alot of the same crap that i do.
Cheery, Have you had a spinal tap? That is usually a fairly accurate test for MS.  I have dysautonomia (orthostatic intolerance) which is low blood pressure and that is why I get dizzy, headaches and such...It is one of the associated disorders of fibromyalgia from what i can tell. If your test comes back normal maybe you should ask your md about that.

Melmel, have they started you on antibiotics? If so, are they helping you?
I have not had a spinal tap done he was only going to do one if one of the other tests came back abnormal. If this recent test is fine and none of the fibro meds end up helping a spinal is something i will ask for. Well went to pharmacy cause i am running out of my free samples of savella and a 30 day script taking two tablets a day for me is a little over a 100 bucks ouch! I got three days worth filled i can't afford that and who knows if come monday it won't be changed again since its not helping. Also got my first denial for ssi. Basically it said that yeah im disabled and not capable of doing any work that i have previously done but that i am capable of light duty work sitting on my butt. So i guess i will be making a apt with a lawyer come monday. That ssi doc was probably a big joke since i know darn well i failed the memory part but they probably sent me to him just to evaluate my depression. Because i did put that on there cause i had been treated for it in the past. And the ssi doc probably was just evaluating for that and put that im not depressed and didn't even report any of the memory problems. Who knows i guess.
Hello. Hope you all r having a good sunday. I have my LLMD appointment on Tuesday and I cannot wait. I am now very concerned because my husband is having the same symptoms that I am the nerves jumping and pain all over and the feeling out of place. I need to get him in asap to see an LLMD because i know its something (lyme) he caught from me :( he is the one who drives us around and works and I hate to see him in pain. I have not had a spinal tap either but now more than ever I know it's not Ms because its too much of a coicidence for us to both have the same symptoms.
Good luck with the SSI, and those docs are paid to deny people. I am sorry your husband is sick too. Is Lyme contagious? I did not know that. Take care--we have been praying for you all.
Hey Everyone.
Something that I wanted to pass along.
The contagious aspect of the co-infections that commonly accompany Lyme is something to be aware of.
Because when  the Lyme tick is also infected with a mycoplasma, it gives the  same characteristics and effects of a pathogenic mycoplasma infection. In GWI, according to Dr.Garth Nicolson's research, a great percentage of the returning (from the Gulf war) personnel's spouses and children  carried the pathogen, transmitted by saliva or sex.
The ones not showing symptoms, are probably the ones with stronger immune systems, low or no genetic predispositions and lack of significant triggering events and factors, keeping those pathogens dormant.
You can go to immed.org for more details. The CDC authorized millions for this specific research, as one can imagine, the health implications are quite devastating.
Too bad that not many Specialists are up with this research.
So next time you see your neuro even LLMD, make sure you request a complete Mycoplasma  panel.
What is going on in the Health System in a way, is similar to the events surrounding  9-11 before the attack. The knowledge and information was there all along that could have prevented this unfortunate attack on the twin towers.
However, the lack of communication and sharing of critical information,
between various Agencies, at the time, is no different in the Medical System where all this information is available, yet the vast majority of Doctors and Specialists still have NO clue! It is beyond comprehension,
that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people are suffering unnecessarily from Autoimmune and Neuro-degenerative Diseases because of this!! And most of them for life.
All these infections are probably among the fastest spreading infections in the world right now!
Is there perhaps something going on? Any ideas?
Please share, but maybe use a new thread. This one is growing too long!
Off topic a bit, but nevertheless, very pertinent subject to my opinion.
Take care,
Niko
going to start a new thread with a update this one is getting pretty long