migraine headaches.
What foods do I avoid to help me overcome migraine headaches?
I am 75 years of age and have just recently started getting these headaches.
I'm sorry to hear you've been having migraines - I'm fortunate enough to not get them very often, but when I do, they are miserable.

I don't know of any foods that you can avoid to get rid of a migraine once it has started, but there are certain foods that they have found can actually sometimes trigger a migraine;

chocolate
wine
anything with nitrates such as deli meats, hot dogs, etc.
artificial sweeteners can trigger them in some people
caffeine (even though I've found that sometimes a small amount of caffeine can help the migraine pain once it has begun, but not a lot of caffeine)
some people find that dairy products, especially "hard" cheeses such as gouda, can bring on a migraine

I hope some of these suggested things to stay away from are helpful.  Other things that help me when a migraine hits is ice packs on the back of my neck, laying down (as perfectly still as possible) in a completely dark, quiet room.  I've also found that since my migraines are usually accompanied by nausea/vomiting, if I take the anti-nausea medication as soon as I feel a migrane coming on, rather than waiting until the nausea actually hits, it will help more with that n/v, so although it doesn't help the headache itself, it does help to keep me from vomiting, which of course, vomiting can always make any type of headache feel worse just from the strain of the vomiting.

Another thing you should do is to make sure that you stay well hydrated - getting dehydrated or overheated can definitely bring on a migraine, so be sure to keep the water going, especially if you're outside.

Best of luck!