mono, or not?
my name is Liz and i was diagnosed with mono in 1996.  it took me three months to recover.  i am now going through my SEVENTH round of mono, and i just can't get any answers.  my symtoms vary every time i am re-infected, but the fatigue and frustration remain the same.  every time i get mono again, i am sure to get blood tests run, so i am quite sure i get it a lot.  my doctors are just as confused as i am.  from the research that i've done, it's almost impossible to get it more than once.  yet i just keep on getting it year after year.  then, last year i was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but the docrtors said it should have nothing to do with the reoccurance of mono.  i feel as if my life ended when i got mono, and i wonder if something else might be wrong with me. why can't my body get over it?  what is wrong with me?
Liz i know you posted this a long time ago. How are you doing?  I was diagnosed a year and a half ago with mono and I'm concerned becuase i feel very tired although not quite as tired as i did when i was first sick.  I was wondering if you could tell me what your reoccurances were like so that I might be able to tell if thats what I'm feeling?  Did you ever feel back to normal between occurances of mono or were you always pretty fatigued.

Thanks and i hope you feel better,

Tamra
In my experience, you can almost certainly get mono more than once. My mother had it three times, and I've had it twice - I am still working on getting over the second one X____X  Mono belongs to a group of viruses that tend to reactivate randomly, so it would make sense that it does this.

I really don't know how to help you. I would recommend having tests done for other viruses that cause similar symptoms - HIV and Lyme Disease among them. Talk to your doctor! And if they don't listen, find a new one!!
i have had mono the last 3 yrs in a row b4 that twice within 10 yrs of each other
1st time i was sick as a dog throat swollen out to my ear could not eat or drink fever 102 for 2wks i slept almost day and nite for 7 days then woke up on the 7th day with no problems and full of energy i was 18 yrs old then

2nd time just really tired all the time

3rd again sick fever, cold tired blah
4th did not know i had it when i found out low thyroid and i was checked for mono cuz i was tired
5th time extremley tired so went to doc yeterday asked them to test me for mono a tada well what do ya know  that has been my experiences with mono and it ***** all the time cuz most people dont believe you can get it over and over i sure do tho
This is a Hep. C forum.
glad i aint got that. wasnt tryin to invade your spce sorry
Mono is horrible.This is my my second time to have Mono.I got it from stress this  time.I Had it twenty years ago much worse this time.I  have had it four weeks now and it just keeps getting worse
IS THIS NORMAL.CISSYYY