Fibromyalgia Community
m.s.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

m.s.

what is the differanc in fibromyalgia and m.s.  i have been diagnosed with fibro , but with swelling and heavyness in my legs it sounds like m.s.
Exactly what is swelling?  Is it your joints, or muscles????  
I have swelling and hurting in my legs and my feet feel like they have stone bruises on the boTtom of them been going on about four weeks can't seem to find out what it is please help
Just out of curiosity - have you changed the shoes you normally wear within the past four weeks that you've been experiencing this pain?  have you been wearing flip flops or sandals?  If so, the pain on the bottom of your feet could be kind of friction related - since sandals and flip flops are looser fitting shoes than a sneaker or other type of shoe, your feet can basically slide back and forth as you walk and that can definitely cause a bruised feeling on the bottom of your feet.

As far as the swelling goes, I'm not quite sure on that - I, myself, tend to get some swelling in my legs and feet in the hotter summer months.  My doctor just put me on lasix to see if it would help reduce some of that flud retention and it has.  I also try and elevate my feet and legs as often as possible to help reduce the swelling.

If this swelling and pain in your legs and feet is something new for you, I would definitely suggest checking in with your doctor - sometimes it can nothing, but it could also a more serious thing going.

Best of luck!
thanks i have gone to dr. they have done blood work very low vitiaminD very low vitiaminB12  hopeing that is my problem thank u...........
Low B12 can cause some tingling sensations.  It's possible the low D could be causing the bone pain.  I too have the same foot pain you described and don't know what might be causing it.  I have lupus and think it flares up severely when I have a lupus flare.  My dr. thinks it's platars fisitis.  But that usually comes w/ heel pain.  Mine is in the arch of the foot and where the toes meet the ball of my foot.

Did you dr. have any explaination on why your D was low?