Fibromyalgia Community
muscle problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

muscle problems

can anyone help. cant get this diagnosed. i'm losing weight- mostly in muscle mass. also losing strength. i was a good athelete. now any excersise ,no matter how light causes my mucles to start to burn and terrible pain all night long. after some hours of rest im weak but ok until i do any physical labor again. nerve conductivety test ok. pain starts 5 hours after workout. simply unrelenting pain and burning with tremor or twitching of muscles.
PLEASE HELP
Have you had the full work-up for myopathy, etc.????
This sounds like me but I'm not losing any weight. Is there nerve conductivity test the same as the EMG? I agree with patsy10 get that full blood work up.

yes I am in the same boat. I moped the floor early today and my shoulders are a bundle of nerves and pain. Last night I stood outside in the garage cleaning it up and then I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst RLS  and pain I have had in a long time.

Another question for you. Are you really losing muscle strength (objective)? I felt that way that's why I went to the neuro but he said I have no strength loss at all. So maybe it just feels that way? Just trying to help not trying to make you more nervous. I have found that the definitions I was using to describe my condition have given the wrong impression to the dr.'s. Like I said muscle weakness when I meant more of heaviness and fatigue.

Oh, and I agree about the seratonin levels. I think, for me, the twitching is linked to over working and anxiety but who knows.

So frustrating.

yes- have had all the blood test and all negative. and yes that nerve comductivity test is the same as the EMG. i'm begining to think it has something to do with the seratoin levels in the body. am i the only one that has this isssue? if i do anything physical, about 5 hours later my muscles will start to burn, hurt and spasm all night long.
please help
thanks for your imput- i didn't take it wrong. your just trying to help and i think your a sweetheart for trying. if it's anxiety then you should be able to take a anti- anxiety pill and the symtoms (symptoms) go away. i dont really find that to be the case. i hope we find this out soon- i need the help.
I agree with you about anxiety.  I think it's way over diagnosed.  The whole world would be twitching and in pain if anxiety was causing these symptoms.  EMG isn't the only test for myopathy.  There is blood work CPK and a bunch more.  My neuro just ordered  a bunch of them on me.  I have the twitching, burning, pain etc....but no weight loss or loss of muscle mass.  I have all sorts of neurologic symptoms with all normal tests.
You have a fibro diagnosis, right? I'm not trying to be invasive but why is your neuro still running tests? That kind of scares me because I had hoped that once all this was diagnosed as fibro one could feel relief that it wasn't something else.
Yes, I have a fibro diagnosis but my symptoms are much more broad ranging than just fibro. Most people who have fibro have profound fatigue and pain as their primary symptoms.  My symptoms are....mostly numbness, tingling, twitching, weakness, blurred vision.  I do have the fibro tender points but I have many more painful areas than just those.  I twitch from head to toe all day, every day.  I do have severe pain all over.  I don't have fatigue (a hallmark symptom) or cognitive problems (brain fog).  Remember, fibro is a group of symptoms, not a disease.  My symptoms are mostly neurological.  Doctors tend to give fibro and chronic fatigue diagnoses when they don't know what it is.
Also, feel free to ask me any questions.  I am very willing to answer.
Have you concidered Magnisium and Malic Acid supplements?  Most of us with Fibro are very low in these.  Also, for immediate help with serious cramps and spasms, try a hot bath with Epsom Salts.  They absorb through the skin, and give some relief right away.  LOL
remember that fibro. also closely mimics cushings,ms,thyroid disorders,lyme and too many other illness'
Sorry, I meant you were right about the mimicking.
Magnesium didn't do a thing for me.  I still twitch exactly the same....I know it helps some people though.

Plateletgal.  You're right all those things mimick each other...it's so frustrating.
Hi, I've had fibromyaliga for about 15 yrs I am generaly a very strong woman I can out lift alot of men and I work 7 days a week my husband is disabled and on SSDA but I'll be damed before I give in to a disability they would have to take me kicking and screaming before I give in.  
probably due to your sudden change. you said you were an athlete once, that could be probably be the reason for this since your body is not used to be under that state. as for the muscle aches the only thing i can suggest is bathing in some bath salts or epsom salts. it's quite effective. http://www.sfbsc.com/bath-salt