muscle twitching and jerks
Do any of you with fybromyalgia have muscle twitching ? I  have muscle twitching all over my body,also my body jerks.When I reach for the door knob,my hand jerks downward . I also have trouble doing small task with my hands.I  feel really slow minded too.Does it make your muscle feel like a rubberband is around them? My doctor thinks I have fybromyalgia,also possible ms. he talks more about fybromyalgia. Please let me know if you have similar symptoms.

Hi ! Your symptoms may be due to fibromyalgia, but do you have widespread pain and/or other symptoms ? Other illnesses that can cause muscle twitching include hypoparathyroidism, magnesium deficiency, severe stress and lyme disease. I would definitely consider getting tested for lyme and/or having additional tests before accepting a fibromyalgia diagnosis. I don't believe muscle twitching is too common in MS patients, but you may want to check it out on MedHelp's MS forum and ask them. I do know that usually one of the early signs of MS is visual changes and painful eye movements.

Here are some links that may be helpful to you:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Newly-Diagnosed/show/754?cid=39

Symptoms of fibromyalgia:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Symptoms-of-Fibromyalgia-and-CFIDS-ME/show/524?cid=39

Best,

~PlateletGal
the muscle twitching could be from restless leg syndrome. it takes less adrenaline than is characteristic of fibro to initiate it.
I have both...FMS and restless leg/periodic limb movement disorder.  

Restless leg/PLMD usually is worse at night, after being in a sitting or lying down position.  While it is rare that it will effect other parts of the body (outside of the legs) it does happen.  I have had times when it extended to my arms and upper torso.

There are many things that can cause muscle twitching.  FMS is just one of many.

Hope you find the answers soon and get well.
My arms jerk...usually when I'm under a lot
of stress...the stress is so think here, you
can't cut it with a knife...so the arms jerk
Son and his 3 kids live with us..Soooooo
I'm raising 4 kids..Son being the 4th
Hope all goes well for you!
Hugs, Pod
oops...can't edit....Thick instead of think
It's ok Podnette...we all read "typonease" here, lol.
You know Fibro can cause a host of problems. I'm beginning to think I don't hve Cervical Dystonia after all, but it's the Fibro. I get Botox injections every 4 months. I can't sleep because of my head pulling to the right at night, painful and there's no way to sleep. I did some research and went to my PCP and asked for Zanaflex. Well, it is truly helping all over. I'm trying to use it to sleep, but it's 1:40am and I'm up again for another 4.5mg of Zanaflex to get me back to sleep.

I have body jerks and sometimes I look around to see if anyone saw that...lol. No one understands the true nature of this monster of an ailment. We are finally getting some respect, but not enough.

I hope you find the root of your problem and I hate to say this, but I hope that it's Fibro(that's bad enough) and not MS. Also, Slow Minded???? I've recently remarked, used to we would laugh that we went into a room and forget what we went for, now I can get up out of the chair and even forget what I got up out of the chair for much less remember it all the way to the room...lol   Blessings to you.