Fibromyalgia Community
numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

numbness

I was wondering if anyone also suffers from numbness of fingers and legs? Also in the summer I have no pain, but as soon as the cold hits, it feels like my bones are being crushed. Is this really fibromyalgia or something else?
I noticed this also! I noticed it more when I was on Seroquel to help me sleep, but my doctor took me off of it when I told her about it and I do not notice it as much!! I would check and see if maybe it is a side affect of one of the medications you are on!
Response from Prof. Nicolson:  In some patients this is an indication of coronary insufficiency rather than FMS.  It can happen when the circulation does not deliver enough blood to the extremities.  It can also happen when peripheral nerves are infected with certain viruses or intracellular bacteria.  In this case, in addition to numbness there is often a feeling of sunburn or tingling in the extremities.
I have had lotsof numbness and tingling. Lyme disease can cause this symptom.
I also have tingling in my hands and feet.  Especially in the mornings.  I also Raynauld's.  This is when my fingers get white and my hands get red.  It is when the blood is constricted.  The "thing" that is causing my situation is probably an autoimmune problem like Lupus.  My ANA is 1:2,560.  I'm also COLD most of the time.
I have numbness & tingilng in my arms & legs, but you need to be diagnosed properly by someone who really knows what they are talking about, and I had to go to Rheumatologist.  He told me that yes, numbess & tinging can be caused by fibromyalgia, as there really is a host of sympotoms from this illness, however he also stated that it could be coming from my neck/disc problem...or more than likely both.