Fibromyalgia Community
pain all over

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

pain all over

Hi im a 23 year old male from Ireland. The reason for my post is to try and get some answers about the pain im having. So here is my story:
   I started to train in a gym about 2 Years ago. As I was really driven to get bigger and stronger I trained 5 to 6 days a week .I would lift very heavy weights and do a lot of running. My flexability and mobility is poor therefore my lifting technique was poor. The pain first startrd as back pain so I went to my doctor who sent me for an ex ray which came back perfectly normal. So I applied some heat and kept training. However the pain began to spread and now I've pretty much pain everywhere.
                          I went back to my doctor with these complaints so he did a blood test. The test showed that I have raised rheumatoid factor levels. He sent me to see a rheumatologist. The rheumatologist examined me for about 10Mins and told me I didn't have arthritis. His advise was to stop train for a while and employ some relaxation techniques.
                So for the past 2 Months I havn't trained . I strect everyday for an 1 hour and do some foam rolling. I get a sports message once a week and go for a light swim and sauna sessions. However, the pain seems to be getting worse and now I'm also feeling fatiqued. I have a very clean diet -don't drink alcohol - and I don't smoke. I really just want to feel like a strong and fit man but the opposite has happened to me. I do look a lot better but I feel so tight and restricted . The pain seems to be in my muscles or maybe ligaments and tendons . My joints are not the root of the pain .
                        One last piece of info that might help a diagnosis . I went for a wim about a month ago in the ocean. I live in Ireland so its pretty cold. So when we got out from the water it took my friends about 5 minutes for their bodies to heat back up . It took me a good 2 hours to feel some bit warm again . So maybe the pain has something to do with blood flow. It just feels like im all scarred internally or something, that's the only way I can describe it. Was wondering if it could be fibro or some related disease or maybe some overtraining syndrome ?? any advise would be greatly appreciated . thanks a mil ......