Fibromyalgia Community
pain in forearms and behind knees
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain in forearms and behind knees

I've been having dull pain on the inside of my forearms right above my elbows.  It doesn't feel like the joint, but the muscle right above the joint. When I bend my elbow and contract the muscle it is uncomfortable.  I have also been experiencing the same kind of pain behind both knees, more the lower thigh than right behind the kneecap.  I've been under a lot of stress lately but these symptoms are unusual for stress for me.  My doctor recommended I go to a neurologist due to some numbness in the left arm and hand and problems opening my eyes for a few seconds in the morning.  Had an MRI tha seemed normal, but the symptoms warrant further work-up.   I have an appt.in a month.  The arm could be carpal tunnel,  or the arm/leg issue could be fibromyalgia, my Dr. says.  Motrin seems to help.  But just wondering if I should be doing something else.  My sister has lupus and she keeps pushing me to be tested for that.  But I don't seem to have any other symptoms of lupus.  I also wonder if I have a pinched nerve in my neck that could explain the numbness in my arm.  But the muscle pain in inner arms and behind knees still concerns me.  Any ideas?