Fibromyalgia Community
pain in my legs, my mom was diagnosed with fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

i am young but have horribly irritating pains in my legs. mostly at night. my mom is 38 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about five years ago after her divorce. her pains have gotten worse over the years. i recently started noticing pains in my legs. they feel like i have a blood pressure cuff on my thighs much too tight. not really tingly but more like pressure. except Its kind of painful, especially in the joints. my feet dont really feel like they are there and sometimes just feel swelled up. i have weakness in my knees Alot too. like theyre ready to calapse. my wrists have similar pains sometimes. I've heard women can get fibromyalgia early in life? but i also had salmonella when i was an infant and almost died. I've heard polyreactive arthritis has similar symptoms? i feel like these pains arent normal exhaustion pains. I'm tired of doctors saying I'm young and healthy when i hurt like this. any input please? greatly appreciated.
Keep going to the doctor. Keep a journal of symptoms on a calendar. Use that to convince doctors that there is something off. good luck.
thank you. i didnt consider the calendar thing.
How old are you? I just turned 22 and was just diagnosed with fibro last week. It is possible to get fibro young (i'm an example) but even my mom and aunt who both have fibro were surprised I got it so young because they were in mid-thirties when they got it. Possibly see a neurologist if you can. rheumatologists are supposed to diagnose it but mine said my hypersensitivity to touch wasnt a symptom and said it was my depression. My neurologist was the one who diagnosed me. Good luck, dont let the doctors tell you you're crazy when you yourself know you arent. you know your body best