personal but worries
Does anyone have breast pain with fibro?? I am really worried because I have been having it for thepast couple of weeks...of course iI will ask my doctor but just wondering...thank you!!

Jenny,

I have fibro, and yes i have very bad breast pain all the time. i also have lumps in my breast.

i have been to the doctor to get them checked. they said that they are cists but they dont seem to be anything to worry about. when i feel them, they are huge! so i was super scared. she said a mamogram would not hurt to get done, even though im only 25, i should look to doin that soon. not sure if you can get it done before 30 or whatever?

hope this helps!

Absolutely. I get pain in the nerves of my nipples and the muscles around and under my breasts. My mom used to think she was having a heart attack whenever this happened to her, turns out it may be little tissue fiber tears. Costochondritis I believe. http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/whyfmscfsarelinked/a/costochondritis.htm
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but I hope this helps you out in your search for answers.
Blessed Be.
C
Hi Jenny
You arent by chance on Topiramate (Topamax) are you? It is similar to Gabapentin? I was just doing some research on this one and found that it can cause breast pain in women. I have too have fibro and have been having aching breast..(kinda feel like when I went through puberty or at times when I wake in the morning they ache so bad they feel like they did when I was breastfeeding!) Anyhow googled it and seems like this is a common side effect. Not too impressed with this side effect but will probably run it past the MD just to double check but thought I would mention that to see if by chance you are on this one too. Have a good weekend!
Tam
I was sooo relieved to come across this thread! I have fibro,and since I've had my annual mammogram(normal) and do monthly checks,I figured it must be "one of those fibro things" Oh no! Now I'm starting to sound like the Drs that frustrate me so! It's just that it's an "abnormal" feeling~~unless you're a new mother~~that's not me!

The NP that I talked to about my nipples hurting,assured me "that's normal-no need to worry"! I dunno...I worry anyway!
Please use the following link, as a similar question (chest pain and palpitations from fibromyalgia?) was asked recently.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fibromyalgia/chest-pain-and-palpitations-from-fibromyalgia/show/1934308

You might find my reply somewhat helpful, should it apply to you.
If the link does not appear, the original post was dated April 19, so you can go back to find it here in the Fibro Community.

Blessings to all!
Niko

I have Fibro and yes i have had breast pain so bad i cry...i hope you feel better but we both know there will be days and days of pain coming are way...i am here for you if you need me
I too have always suffered with severe breast pain with my Fibromyalgia. I find the pain worsens after wearing an unserwired bra all day. There are some comfort designed non wire bras out there, but depending on breast size, some people just need them regardless. Also the breast pain worsens around menstrual cycle, I know that's normal for most women as it was for me too at one time, but now when I'm menstrual it is extremely painful & beyond tender to touch. I have lumps too, but have been checked & told just fibrous tissue and have lumpy breasts! Go get checked though. Better to be safe than sorry. Best wishes x