Fibromyalgia Community
severe muscle pain in upper arms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

severe muscle pain in upper arms

I have severe muscle pain in my upper outer bicep arm area - especially right side.  I was dx'd w/ FMS, and I suspect I also have Myo-fascile (sp?) pain.  The right arm pain is so severe I cannot lift it above my head or lift even light objects without pain, and I have to pull my right hand to move it around in bed.  My PCP barely addresses the pain - mainly concentrating on the hypothyroid issues.  Currently I am on Rx Vit D, and levothyroxine - 137 mcg.  I take Excedrin for the muscle pain.  Also suffer from extreme fatigue, and cannot do my household chores to the degree I want because of the fatigue & pain.  

Would going to a nuerologist help with the pain issues.  I also want to try to exercise for toning, and weight loss, but cannot get up the energy to do much, and if I do - the pain interferes, so I guess stopping the pain is the first step.