Fibromyalgia Community
sleep seizures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

sleep seizures?

so ive been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and im dealing with it.. however... i also talked to my nero about my sleep habits and he reccomended a sleep help pill but the Rx is way to expensive... we never went into detail for a diagnosis on that but he had mentioned there are several types of insomnia and not all involve just being up for days... anyway.. im saying this to state that my doctor has had notice of me asking about sleep disorders... well the other night i was scared out of my mind.... i usually can remember details of my dreams every night so the fact that i rememver the dream so vividly isnt unusual... its the fact that in my dream i was seizuring... i was on the floor tucked up in a ball and shaking and breathing uncontrollably, screaming and crying! it seemed all to real... even when i woke up i felt out of breath and anxious. and im not sure if its related or not... but that day my allergies were the worst theyve been all season. i was sneezing like crazy... puffy eyes, runny nose... not sure if any of this means anything... or if i just had a bad dream... by the way.. i dont have any family history of epilepsy. but any comment would be nice.. especially if anyone has gone threw the same thing...
I just recently had a sleep study and was prescribed the cpap machine.  It's working, I can't remember the last time that  slept as much.  The only problem is getting used to having that mask over my nose and mouth.  I wake up in the middle of the night with the mask in my hand.  I received a telephone call from the person that brought the machine out to me and informed her of this and she told me that it was okay, a lot of people do that.  I believe that you should get a sleep study done to determine what the problem is asap.  Good luck to you
Are you taking any type of medications?  Some can cause very vivid dreams or sleepwalking, esp. if one has a CNS disorder of any kind.  

It sounds to me like you had a nightmare.  I have had something similar (though not frequent thank goodness) where I was crying in the dream and then woke to find I actually was crying.  Had you actually had a seizure while sleeping, you wouldn't remember it or be able to describe the image of laying in the floor in a ball.  Those suffering from true seizures may feel an aura beforehand, but do not recall the seizure itself.  It may be that, with your sinuses acting up, you were running a fever while sleeping and that induced the vivid dream.

I am glad it wasn't real and that you are better today.

Take care.