Fibromyalgia Community
soma vs baclofen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

soma vs baclofen

Hello everyone. I am not really a new member, but I havent posted here in a few months. I have a question about a medicine that the doctor wants to put me on.

Right now I am on soma 3X a day, and now my insurance wont pay for it and the doctors want to put me on baclofen instead.

Has anyone here tried this new drug baclofen? If so what sort of side effects did you have? The reason I ask is because my fiance tells me that the soma makes me a zombie and baclofen is in the same sort of catergory as soma.

If anyone can relate or knows about baclofen can you please answer my question or give me some kind of feed back?
Thank you,
Aurora
          Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable
My Neurologist started my on Baclophen instead of Tizanidine for my muscle spasms on April 1st. The only side effect I have had is I sleep really soundly. I don't hear my alarm clock in the mornings. But I'm not dopey as soon as I get up and move around. I only take it at night, as that's when my muscle spams are the worse. He prescribed it for twice a day, but haven't needed to take it that often. Once weather improves and I'm more active outside, I may need the morning dose too. I didn't have any trouble with my insurance company paying for it, and I don't have a very good insurance plan. Good luck, if it doesn't work for you, try something else, anything that helps with the pain I am for!
I normally take Baclofen up to 3x/day. I used to take Soma but reserved it for bed time only as it made me sleepy. I still needed something during the day so I started the Baclofen instead. It worked just as well without snowing me.

TBH, Zanaflex worked the best for me but wasn't covered by my insurance...figures.

Good Luck!