Fibromyalgia Community
sweetners?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

sweetners?

HOW MANY USE ASPARTAME?  ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS IN FOOD ... DRINKS, ETC.?   I FOUND OUT SOME INTERESTING FACTS!  I HAVE USED ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS IN EVERYTHING AND DRINK DIET COLAS, ETC. AND SOME ARE FINDING LINKS BETWEEN THAT AND CFS AND FMS. ALONG WITH SOME OTHER PROBLEMS LIKE ... HEADACHES, VISION PROBLEMS, MUSCLE ACHES AND PAINS, DRY SKIN AND SCALP, NOT BEING ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED OR BEING ABLE TO WALK... AND SO ON! HERE ARE A FEW WEB SITES ... I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT INTERESTING!!!  
http://www.holisticmed.net/aspartame/adverse.txt
http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-organization.html
"                                                        "-detox.html
http://www.sweetpoison.com/phenylalanine.html
I REALLY HOPE ALL OF YOU LOOK INTO THIS... MAYBE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED .. I DONT KNOW BUT THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME AND AFTER WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT .. I WONT CONSUME IT EVER AGAIN.  WHEN HEATED UP TO 80 DEGREES IT TURNS IN TO FORMALDEHYDE... WHAT THEY USE TO EMBALM PEOPLE WITH.... NO WONDER IM SO PALE AND LOOK LIKE IM HALF DEAD!!!! I HAVE CONSUMED THIS STUFF IN MY BODY FOR ABOUT 22 YEARS....NOT ANY MORE.
This is why I don't use any type of artificial sweetners.  They had actually discovered that it was causing bad effects in some people a few years back.  The best natural substance to use is honey.  

I'm glad you found out and can discontinue using it now.  Thank you for sharing this information with everyone.

Take care.
Very interesting articles. I have been using splenda for a awhile now. I went to a neuro today being checked out for MS which he doesn't think I have. Now these articles got me thinking. I was using splenda for a long time but recently stop for the most part because I stopped drinking tea. I started using truvia and have it on my cereal every morning. I am wondering if my symptons have any thing to do with these artifical sweetners. I am going to stop using all and go back to regular sugar foods and see if my symptons subside. I wonder how long it would take to get it out of my system. I wish I would have read this before I had tea today with splenda.
Cheri
Someone mentioned on another board I belong to that artificial sweeteners can increase pain in those with fibromyalgia.  From my personal experience, they definitely make my headaches worse, so I use plain sugar.
You are right. I've also heard that the artificial sweeteners can damage your neurons and cells. I used to use them a lot. I've stopped though. I only use stevia and honey. You have to read labels very carefully because there are so many products that contain artificial sweeteners.