Fibromyalgia Community
symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

symptoms

I have been frustrated by lack of diagnosis for almost 2 years. Though the signs and symptoms are blatantly cardiac, numerous cardiologists,along with neuro, ortho, GI, rheumo, chiro, etc, are telling me the tests are fine and it is probably fibromyalgia. They cant find anything structuraly, neurologically wrong in any way. The amount of testing i have been through would have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars had I not had insurance.
   The symptoms are, left chest pain, left arm pain, left jaw pain, sometimes left temporal pain, always at rest, sometimes when asleep, and never during stressful situations.. The problem is that i thought fibromyalgia affected several parts of the body, and not a small area confined to the left chest/neck/arm area exclusively. Moreover, these pains do no respond to any painkillers including 40 mg of oxycodone. I swear that it is cardiac, but can 3 cardiologists and 7 other specialists be wrong? And the obvious question about anxiety? Nope. I saw two therapists for months at a time. They both concluded that the only anxiety in my life is that which is caused by my symptoms. Their suggestion: get it corrected.
right - fibro pain isn't usually localised in this sort of way...
if you haven't already joined the heart forum, they might have some clues, cause i thought a neuro or cardio would've sorted this out by now.
if you have anxiety, with all the tests and costs, it's no wonder!
good luck