tender spots on back
  hi i have a high level of anxiety and wonder if these flareups I'm having maybe fybro related.I have tender spots around my rib cage and also on a couple of areas of my upper back. I just feel very achy.I never feel like i have a lot of energy even though i eat properly and try to get out for a walk every day.sometimes i'll get pain in different areas of my body. sometimes it hurts uder my breasts against my ribs like my bra is too tight. it seems to be especially worse if I'm uptight. can anyone shed any light for me?
See a chiropractor.
I too have rib cage pain. It absolutly can be from fibro. Mine is sometimes so bad I have to take my bra off. After a few hours it feels like a vise.  Then my breasts hurt from the pressure. I cannot wear any underwire bras at all. The best I have found is a all-cotton sports bra. A chiro won't do a thing for this problem. Stress makes fibro worse.  And fibro pain does move around. You need to find a good fibro rheumatologist, who can work with you to find the right medications. Good luck. Chiro helps with structural problems, I have never found it to be helpful for soft tissue problems.
I have a lot of pain in my sternum, it usually picks one side to be more tender, but it also correlates to pain in my back, underneath my shoulder blade, it kind of goes back and forth which seems weird to me, I've never gotten a true fibromyalgia diagnosis and one of the main reasons is that my sore spot on my back switches sides instead of being symmetrical. I think I've had every lab test immagineable done to me, incliding being pumped full of radiation and put under a scanner, but everything always comes back negative
I too have fibromyalgia. I have had the pain switch from being just on both sides of my spine(feels like the spine is bruised) to my lower back where the curve is in less than 24 hours.Stress does a lot to a persons body. It especially is bad for people like us. For me, stress can cause muscle knots to the pointa of severe migraines, can't walk around, can't hold things, can't even see,talk or hear things right. It does move around all of the time.There are no real test for fibro. I seen 3 different doctors at different times and told them the symptoms I was getting. And every one of them said fibromyagia. But then there was my family doctor who had me believing for three years that it was rhumetoid arthuritis.I knew from the beginning that it wasn't.This is why I went to many different doctors.
my lower back hurts so much is that fibro or arithris?
Hello bogey409,
Welcome to our forum. Lower back pain can have many causes. I encourage you to begin a new question since this thread is rather old. That way you can give us all more detail about you symptoms and you will ensure that more people will look at your comments. I look forward to you new post. Thanks.
I thought i was going crazy until i decided to look up symptoms. I have so many symptoms that everyone has mentioned. My Husband thinks I'm a complainer. But I have pain everyday i wake up. It's come to the point where i don't say anything anymore. I get up at all hours of the night, take more aspirins, walk around the house till i get tired again. I'm really sick of it. I need my job. What kind of doc do i have to see?