Fibromyalgia Community
tingling, numbness, dizziness etc.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

tingling, numbness, dizziness etc.....

Hello I have posted before under a different topic. I am a 31 yr old female in need of help. I believe to have had mono for active ebv virus about close to 2 months ago. I had the fever, chills, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes and sore throat and then the tingling began. It started in my toe and moved up my body each day. Now i have it in all of my body along with severe dizziness and legs feeling heavy and hot and cold feeling in legs. Is there any way to stop this. I was prescribed lyrica but i didn't take it yet and was wondering if it would help at this point. I am a mother of 2 boys and need ot start feeling better is anyone out there that has felt like this but is feeling better now??? Any advice, information is greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to Tingling Feeling in entire body.
Lyrica is the only medication currently approved by the FDA for treatment of fibromyalgia. Although there are many other off label meds used too. Things like elavil (which will never get FDA approval because no drug company would be willing to undertake the cost of a study for a drug that doesn't cost very much money)

Mono being only 2 months ago it still may be lingering from that. For your sake I hope that is it.

If you do nothing - nothing will change. If you take Lyrica something may change or something may not change but at least you will be doing something.