Fibromyalgia Community
tremor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

tremor

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but the one symptom that never seems to fit the diagnosis is a slight tremor in my hands that is usually exacerbated by over exertion or heat.  Does anyone else have this problem, or an intolerance to the heat?
I posted a reply on this on the other post where you asked it.  

You used the word exertion and I miss read it.  So to add to my prior comment, if what you are seeing is "familial tremor", the shakiness that happens in some families as people get older (think of Kathrine Hepburn), then it's hallmark is that it happens when the muscles are at rest and gets better when picking up something like a cup (exertion).  I think you meant that your tremor gets worse with "general" exertion of your body.  That makes sense with CFS.  Your thresholds get lower, especially after exertion or other triggers, and stuff starts showing up that wouldn't if your bodies threatholds were at their normal levels.  When I mixed it up, I was thinking of tremors that get worse with what doctors call "exertion", use of the specific muscle in a specific instance, such as when picking up a cup - those can be significant and need a doctor's evaluation for things like parkonsons.  So to get back to thresholds, that familial tremors vary with how rested a person is and how much they've generally exerted themselves.  With CFS it doesn't take as long to exert the muscles to a level they'll have a problem with...hence the shakes showing up where they wouldn't if your muscles tolerance for exertion were at normal levels.  

Hope this makes sense in the way I wrote it.
Thanks for the reply.  I was checked out my a neurologist (2 MRIs, Spinal Tap, Several exams) and they never found anything.  It has just always bothered me that I have this shaking in my hands, particularly when my body has been exposed to heat (or after exercise/ hot shower), and I know that this happens with MS patients a lot.  So, it's just always been in the back of my mind.  Plus, tremor or shaking is never on the symptom list of fibromyalgia/ CFA so I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced it.
I'm know a couple people with cross over symptoms from MS but who clearly had CFS and had CFS reactions to MS drugs.  Mayo clinic didn't know what to do with one of them, so they called in atypical MS and ignored everything that didn't fit the MS definition which was most of her symptoms.  The threshold explanation is the best that comes to mind for me.  Heat is a form of exertion and stress in CFS.  For me laying in the sun triggers the leg numbness I get (is one of the triggers).    

It would stick in the back of my mind too.  Maybe you'll come across that book I mentioned.  It had all sorts of obscure symptoms in it.
Thanks.  Do you know what that book was called?
Unfortanely not.  What I remembered about it I posted after your question on the "Fibro or not?" post.

iv spent alot of time posting on the MS site as im not dx yet and am waiting my results from the MRI i get them wednesday. I too get the intolarance to heat if i have a hot bath or it goes over 70f (which happens rarely in the UK) i feel weak and my pins and needles get worse and other sx too.
I wonder if i have fibro or MS i fit alot of the MS sx but also have some of the fibro sx too!!
If you have had clear MRI twice but our still getting MS sx it does not always mean you dont have MS  know that on the MS site that people have had several clear MRI and still have sx there was a post on there from our resident expert taken from the national MS website saying that there is a 5% of people that have sx and have clear MRI. It was interesting reading.
Plus also old machines dont always pick up lessions so clearly.
Come onto the MS site and ask Quix what she thinks she has an amazing knowledge on most things plus you can read the posting i was talking about.

God Bless