Fibromyalgia Community
trying to come to terms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

trying to come to terms

I still cannot believe that the pain I have is to do with Fibromyalgia, it feels as though its got to be something else with it hurting all the time, I think this is why it is taking along time to come to terms with it.  Now I have started to feels really tired, I have slept during the night, I wake up in the morning and I feel as though I have had no sleep, so I go back to bed and sleep during the day, I do not like feeling like this, is this part of fibro?.
I have  pains all over my body even more so when pressure is apply and this is all over my body.
I did not get any tests I was just pressed on my shoulders and lower back and was told I had fibro, that was it, I was never told to go back, they said I had fibro, just one appointment, just a couple of presses from the Dr. so I think that's why I have my doubts.
I understand your doubt.  I personally will never accept this diagnosis.  FM is a group of symptoms.  My problems started after bullseye rashes consistent with a tick bite.  Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning all other disease processes need to be ruled out and the criteria has to be met for this diagnosis.  Everyone with these kind of symptoms should have a full rheumatologic work-up for autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and many others.  Also infectious diseases like lyme need to be evaluated for.  It does not sound like you had any testing done.  One appt. and no tests run??????  How can they give you this diagnosis???  Did you have 11 out of 18 tenderpoints?  I've been through this myself.  I've had more than one doctor tell me I had fibro but none even checked for the tendepoints.   An informative website is fibromyalgia-symptoms.org.