Fibromyalgia Community
unsure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

unsure

Hello everyone,

I am a 24 year old female recently diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia. My doctor told me it is often linked to fibromyalgia. He did not say I HAD fms, but said they are related. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'm sure the majority of you had have the run around trying to find answers, and my journey hasn't been any different. I am tired allllll the time. No amount of rest quenches my sleep. I can litterally sleep a good 8-9 hours and then an hour after waking up want to go back to bed. My pulse runs on the high side. I have a lot of aches in my hips, knees and elbows. Lower back constantly screams at me. And MAN the DIZZINESS. I think if i could trade in one symptom that would be it. It gets worse after walking too.

What do ya'll think? Any comments/suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Sounds like the CFS/FM family of illness.  There are other conditions to rule out...  For CFS/FM check out dysautonomias specifically POTS and NMH (Postural Othrostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and Neurally Mediated Hypotension).  The both involve a lot of dizziness.  Fatigue and joint pains can be part of the problem.  For the joint pains also check out Elhers-Danos which is hyperflexible joints and stretchy veins and frequent in CFS/FM patients.  The stretchy veins can trigger the dysautonomias.  Even if your joints don't seem hyperflexible they may be stiff now and it doesn't take much.  A genetic specialize doctor can diagnosis it but others should be able to too.  

Treatments can be drugs (works for some), hydration, increased salt intake, behaviors like keeping leg elevated, and more.  Once you have a better framework for what's going on it's easier to look up the treatment options.  (Most doctor's won't know what to do but self research can find them.)