Fibromyalgia Community
very sad and upset

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

very sad and upset

I have fibromyalgia, ddd, and scoliosis... i recently found out that i am pregnant.  This will be my second child and all of my health issues began after my first child....  I went to the OBGYN today and he told me that Fibromyalgia is a B.S. diagnosis and that i am just going to have to deal with the pain and its going to get worse not better.  Those were his exact words.  While I have been waiting to go to the doc i went to my family doctor and told him i would like to lower my dosage on the hydrocodone that i take and i have done A LOT of research.  Everything that i have read states that it is ok *not ideal* but ok to take the medication while pregnant.  The OBGYN told me that he will not prescribe me anything and that i am a pill addict!!!!! this is the 1st time he has ever spoken to/saw me!!!  I am completely hurt and upset and aggrivated....  He told me that over half of ohioans are pill addicts and i have a problem and fibromyalgia is b.s. and why do i suddenly have scoliosis?  I have had scoliosis since i was in middle school!!! However i never had to take medication until 2 years ago that is when the pain began and never stopped... i dont know what to do or even think!! Everything I have read states that if i go through withdrawals i can lose the baby or if i carry the baby to full term it could harm the baby then... what do i do?????  does anybody have any idea? has anyone ever had any type of experience like this before?   i'm already sooooo emotional and this about broke my heart... i faught tooth and nail 2 have a doctor beleive that my arms and legs hurt so bad i wish i could rip them off and now this obgyn is telling me that i am just full of it???? i am so hurt and confused and i just simply have no clue what i should do or who to turn to!  ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.... thank you