wake up because of pain
hi,
I am 31 years old and I have had pain all over since this summer and it has gotten worst since the fall. My doctor thinks I have fibromyalgia because my blood tests are normal. For the past 3 nights I ahave been waking up at least 3 to 5 times per night because of pain everywhere. I work full time and I have two small children. It is very difficult for me to try to pace myself to save my energy. I am always tired. What could I do to help? I walk 25 minutes a day and I do aquafitness once a week. I watch what I eat. I don't know what else to try. My doctor has prescribed cymbalta but I haven't started yet because I have to stop my other anti-depressant for my premenstrual dysphoric disorder.

thanks
Is your doctor a "fibro-friendly" Rheumatologist or just your Primary care doctor? I would try and get in to see one if you are not currently seeing one. I found mine through the National Fibromyalgia Association: www.fmaware.org. If you register with them, they allow you to search for a provider who treats FMS. Registration is free. I would check in to it and see if you can get additional help. Good luck.
-Dusty
thanks for your answer. It is my primary care doctor. Do I need a referal to see a rheumatologist. I live in montreal canada and usually to see a specialist you need a referal. I will look at the site you gave me.

take care!
Hello again,
I didn't realize you were in Canada. I am not sure if the NFA has a provider search for Canada- I think it's only for US residents. I apologize for the confusion.

I would do what you can to try to begin the Cymbalta as well. It is an approved treatment for FMS here in the states, so chances are that your doctor already has it in his/her mind that you may have FMS. If  if you are unable to get relief from the Cymbalta after a month or two please have a discussion with your doctor about other options. Good luck to you.
-Dusty