weight gain
what is the % of weight gain?
I never considered FM causing my weight gain.  Are there people out there finding the two related.   I think pre-menopause, inactivity due to pain and 8 surgeries are my problem.  
Yes, there is weight gain.  I went from 113-143.     I've heard  the average weight gain is actually about 30 lbs.  I don't know if there's a certain percentage or not.   I cannot seem to lose the weight no matter what I try.  I've tried eating healthy.  exercising (walking like 5 miles a day for 6 weeks)... No effect.  I just feel like giving up.  
To me i think most of the weight gain is due to the medications that are taken. Anti-depressants are big on weight gain. Read the side effects on any medications you are taking and see if weight gain is one of them.
Is the weight gain because it makes us crave more food.  Or does the drug just slow the metabolism down so we burn less??????
I think both. I have taken some that made me feel empty even after i ate, so i kept eating. Others made me feel drowsy, so i would not be active at all. Some other medications like for nerve pain also make you gain weight, after i got off of all the pain medicine and anti depressants i went back to my normal body weight after about 3 weeks. Everyone reacts different, this is just what happened to me.
I don't believe that ME/CFS or FMS makes us gain weight.  Instead, some of us might have hormonal problems that cause us to gain weight.  Also, most anti depressants have the same side effects too.

Also, due to our illness and the fact we are too sick to exercise, could also contribute to our weight gain, which is not to say that I feel exercise is the answer.  I know that stretching helps to control FMS pain somewhat, but if you have ME/CFS, exercise is usally a bad idea.  Don't ya all think?

Have a good day.
Kit