Fibromyalgia Community
weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

weight gain

A lot of people gain weight from Lyrica.  Has anyone gained weight and then been able to lose it again?  I've gained 15 lbs and I really want to get rid of this extra weight.
Tags: Weight
Yes i gained 10 lbs with in a few months .It makes y feel more hungry Ican cut out choc and biscuits. It works for a while get a few pounds off but then it goes back on
Yes,lyrica did a number on my weight which is usually not this much of a struggle. Its hard to lose weight in pain and when exercise makes it worse. Every and I do mean every article and dr. has said walk. Its supposed to be the best thing for fibro and for weight loss. I have been told to just get up and start by a walk to the end of the block. Wish I had a fellow  "challenged"  pain patient to take those first few steps with everyday. Prayers to you -you are not alone.
Same here. Not able to just "get out and start walking"! Easier said than done. But I am working on it. I feel like my whole body is swollen. Anyone else feel that way?
They have to come up with something better than Lyrica. I have a bottle of it here and after reading the side effects, I refuse to take it. I'm 40 lbs overweight and diabetic in addition to the fibro.. Do I need more weight gain and more problems? Also it seems its not the cure all. If you do gain the weight do you feel well enough on it to go out and exercise like crazy to lose the weight??  Doesn't seem so.
Lyrica almost killed me in 2006. I gained 20 lbs, my hands and feet swelled and my mid- section swelled. I trashed it. I am now taking Prestiq and oxycodone twice a day. I see a rheumotologist every 10 weeks. I still have days where nothing gets done, so when I feel like cooking or cleaning, I go for it. I also teach reading to high schoolers. So it is a battle. But I will never take Lyrica again.