Fibromyalgia Community
what does fibromyalgia feel like??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

what does fibromyalgia feel like??

i have a great deal of back achiness and sometimes my arms or hands go numb.i do have a herniated disc in my back,but the achiness is real deep in my upper back.it just doesnt feel right.can someone who has fibromyalgia please give me some idea if this is what it is.

People who have a fibromyalgia diagnosis generally complain of widespread pain, morning stiffness, dizziness, brain fog, muscle twitches, burning skin, shooting pains, weakness and other symptoms.

Are you seeing a specialist and if so, what is your physician telling you ?
i have most of all them symptoms.my legs get that burning sensation and numbness and achy feeling as well as my back and neck.no i dont see a physician for this in particular.i have had these symptoms for the majority of the spring and summer of this year.but i kept thinking it was from my back issues.i am gonna bring it up to my doctor on my next visit.thank you!!

You're welcome ! I hope that you will keep us posted and/or check out our Health Pages (located to the right of your screen) on fibromyalgia.

hi mandy. I have had fibro for appx 20 years. It starts with pain and tenderness in one area usually but over time it can spread over entire body. As PlateletGal said check with your Dr. On this forum we are here to help and give you the emotional support of friends. I joined just recently but it has really helped me. Good luck with the DR I hope he/she can help you.
Well if you want to know how i feel with my fibromyalgia, i feel at times like i have been run over by a train and lived. Headaches, nausea, insomnia, joint pain all over my body that aches like i am dying, joint stiffness, depression, sensitive to cold weather and rain, burning sensations in my muscles, foggy memory, dizziness, muscle pain, fatigue and maybe more. I am in constant pain 24/7 and was bed ridden last year for 7 months and could not even walk from the pain. After 7 months in bed, I am now able to walk, and on my good days even go outside to the store, but I cannot do housework, grocery shopping, lift anything heavy, walk more than 20 minutes without having to sit down, cannot sit long, cannot stand long, and cannot lay down long due to pain. Well thats my day anyway, but hey, life goes on. Ive been in constant pain for 37 yrs, and you just have to get on with life, dont you.  A positive attitude is vital, as depression can set in big time. I have cried myself to sleep many time over again just because of the pain, i sleep packed in dry ice to numb my pain, and i am extremely frustrated that a lot of people do not understand, but my positive attitude carries me through.
One more thing.....i have even asked the Rheumatologist to test me for bone cancer, as my legs, arms & shouders were so painful at once stage, i thought I had bone cancer. Thank God, it was not so.