Fibromyalgia Community
what to fear?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

what to fear?

im 31 and was told i have fibromyalgia since i was 24. since then anytime i go to the dr's or er. i get told its my fibromyalga (fibromyalgia). ive been to many dr's and in moved to other state. i still get the same thing. it's the fibromyalgia! so i stopped telling dr's i have it but last night. i went to the er and told them i had fibromyalgia and that i fear that it's covering up other things that might be going on with me.

the Q) does fibromyalgia cause chest pain, sweats, tightness or squeezin feelin in chest, shortness of breath, weakness, pain and tingling in left arm, light headedness, feeling sick, pounding heart rate or fast heart rate. at the same time?
I used to get chest pain and was told it was muscle spasms in my chest wall by a specialist. But it was the same pain as my body. I would say if the pain in you body is the same as your chest then its prob fibro but if its different then its prob not fibro. You need to listen to your body and i would write down what the pains like so you can compare. I found this difficult cos i wanted to try and ignore the pain but it did enable me to move on and acknowedge pain as fibro instead of worrying about it mentally. If i have pain thats really different i don't mention fibro cos i know it isn't that.
I was told I have fibromyalgia from process of illimination.I get chest pain.I was kept over night at the hospital,heart monitor,ekg,ecg all came out normal.The doctor told me it was from fibromyalgia.