why ??
I was doing good for a while then last night I got chest pain freaked so I took an ativan to calm down...today I just seem anxious and my upper back hurts too:( does this happened to anyone else...chest pain scares me everytime it happens:(
Hello and welcome,
The common causes of chest pain are panic attacks, gastro esophageal reflux disease, gallstones, gastritis etc.Lung problems and heart diseases are other causes of chest pain.Peumonia, pleurisy and pulmonary embolism are lung conditions causing chest pain. In anginal pain there is chest tightness, heavy pressure, squeezing and shortness of breath. A clinical examination is very important for confirming the cause. Tests like X-ray chest and ECG may provide more information. Consult a physician .I sincerely hope it helps. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and take care!
If it hurts really bad in your upper back when you take a deep breath..it is more than likely pleurisy. Te doctor will probably prescribe an anti inflammatory for it. Hope this helps.
Hi Jenny.

Probably my reply is a bit dated by now, however here it is:
I'm sorry you have to go through this again.
The above advice is good, however, you understand your pain best.
Is it the same as before?
And I think I understand how you feel about going to the ER or the doctor's each time, only to have the same experience as in the past and nothing resolved.
Anything with heart has to be ruled out though. There a couple heart abnormalities common with FMS, one is lower blood volume and the other is related to arrhythmias.  Not too many doctors are familiar with these
cases. Let me know if you want details about these and the testing
required.
Hope you feel better.
Niko
Hey Jenny,

I went back to my reply to you last month, regarding chest pain.
I realize, I had already given you the information then, so just ignore the second part of my above reply.

Here's last month's reply again:

"1. Do a search for a fibro tender point chart and you will find 2 tender points on the upper chest area 1 on the left and 1 on the right side.

2.Fibro sufferers usually have lower blood volume (up to 50% less in extreme cases) for the body to function properly. A red cell mass study, is required to find out the exact levels. This can be associated with chest pains.
Normal is 30ml/kg    Red cell volume in ml per kilogram of body weight.
Any lower than 20% is significant and should be addressed immediately!

3.All Fibro patients have an irregular heart beat, with a particular abnormal  wave pattern on the ECG (24H Holter ECG is needed for this), indicating that the blood upflow from the left ventricle through the aorta is impaired, with physical scars and damage to the heart.
So yes your chest pains are due to Fibromyalgia and they are real!!! "

Take care.
Niko