Fibromyalgia Community
wine for pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

wine for pain?

I have fibro and it has been recommended to me to drink a glass of wine each evening to help with pain.  Has anyone tried this and has it worked?
Hi there;
    I've never tried it, but I take so many medications, I don't use alcohol at all. You might hear more from some of the other members later. Take care.

gh
Angel
I was told to have some wine by my neurologist.  He didn't specify what kind (red, white?) I guess it will mellow you out a little and maybe you won't care about the pain.  I have a glass of wine from time to time and find it doesn't help w/pain but it doesn't cause any harm, either.
I have a horrible intolerance to any type of alcohol.  I don't drink anything either, and my meds. recommend that I don't.  If you aren't taking certain meds. and don't have a problem with sensitivity, no reason why you couldn't have some wine.  It may help you fall asleep.  Use with moderation though as it can become addictive.  
I told my rhromertoligist that the pain killers don't help he said no they don't I didn't have time to go into that because I was saying it as we were leaving.

I have a couple of Mogans when im in a lot of pain and it really helps bit of a worry really lol
hi, i,ve tried the glass of wine{white in my case} it does,nt realy help unless you have a few glasses and then it works cos it mixes with your meds and you feel high ,lol, seriousl though you would probably want to finish the bottle off!!!  
I have a bit of a problem with a doctor suggesting WINE as a way to control pain. Then whenever someone is in pain we turn to alcohol? It sort of sounds crazy. I'm on the same boat as everyone else. I no longer drink due to medications. I would get a second and/or third opinion on drinking wine to control pain.

There are many other options that can work for some then alcohol?!?!? Just my opinion though.
alcohol is a sin, God word says wine harm the body, Jesus don't want us to destroy our body, don't drink wine or alcohol.