First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
7 days old

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

7 days old

just sayin hello ladies. my little girl is 7 days, cant believe shes a week old already! she was 8 pounds 12 oz when she was born and 19.5 inches.  she is absolutely perfect! and im amazed, last night she only woke up twice. she's mommy's littlle angel and she's already git daddy wrapped around her finger. but im curious, anyone have any tips to help daddy bond more with her? hes gettin a little discouraged cuz he usually gets home about feeding time and I dont have a pump yet so hand expression is what ive been trying bbut im not really good at it yet so he's bot been able to feed her yet and she cries a lot of the time he does get a chance to hold her.
it was very hard for my fiance also. and my daughter is formula fed! he just didn't know what to do. is this both of yours first? just keep reminding him ur doing this with him. to make him feel better say things like "oh shes been fussy today" or something so he doesn't get discouraged bc shes crying. just remember baby is already used to you she knows u inside n put
out* .. she has to get used to him still. have him bathe her? change her diaper.. read her stories at night. maybe have the whole bedtime routine something u do together but he is like "the leader" of it.. just a few ideas =) congratulations!
thanks, and yea its both of our firsts. And thanks so much for the advice, ill try it.
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources