First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
Breastfeeding help

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Breastfeeding help

Hi, my baby is one week old today and this might be a crazy question but I really need to know if there is anything I can do to produce more milk? I'm pumping my milk and I can only get an 1oz per breast, sometimes 1oz 1/2. Some of my friends say that they milk use to pump very good that they use to pump to much milk. I pump my breast every 2 hours during the day and because I don't have enough milk I give my baby formula during the night. I would love to give my baby breast milk 24/7 but my milk supply is low, so is there anything I can do????
Keep pumping the more you pump the more it comes out, its gona take time... Eat healthy foods very healthy food like veggies and soups!! And stay inside try to not go outside believe it or not when youve just had a baby the wind affects your milk supply!! Congrats on baby
also drink lots of water, brest milk is a little over 80% water so the more hydrated u are the better.
Thank you so much ladies for the help I already drink a lot of water and eat veggies, I will pump more and never heard of the wind affecting your breast milk but thank you or the new information. I only been outside once since I had my little man. Thank you again ladies!
i only get 1-2 oz per breast and i thought it was normal?  i had read that a bf baby only needs 1 oz per hour you are away from them so a 3-4oz bottle every 2-3 hours should be plenty.  my dd is 3 months old and only takes a 3 oz bottle still.  if i put more in it it gets wasted
LOL I guess the little one has a good appetite ....hes doing okay ...pump away and guzzle water
congrats!!!  my baby son is 7 weeks today and i had the same problem and my friends told to eat rice and drink plenty of water and i did. it really worked for me and dont foget to feed your baby frequntly so the more feed the more milk comes out. hope you it works for you as well
Another thing is to pump with your baby in the room or close by so you can see them. The milk will flow much easier. I could never get enough pumped and seemed like it wouldn't work if i couldn't see my baby. Try to put your baby to your breast a lot more too that will help the milk to come in and relax when you do it. Enjoy it! Good luck! I have breastfed 3 and am about to have my fourth and am looking forward to that closeness with my little one. Congrats!!!
Im still pregnant but have been researching how to
To have a good breastfeeding experience and have found out that theres a tea called milkmaid tea that is support breast milk production its easy to find online diapers.com has a box for $7 you have to wait til after you deliver your baby so i plan on having some handy to see if it helps
When i was breast feeding my daughter the lactation consultant said to think about baby. Sometimes listening to a recording or looking at a picture if baby isn't right there. And right before pumping massage the breast going towards the nipple to stimulate milk production. It helped
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources