First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
First time mom, how is breastfeeding??
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

First time mom, how is breastfeeding??

I want to breastfeed, since its believed to have so many benefits... How is it for first time moms?
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Well my opinion is its hard work at times , its good for baby, both bonding wise, and nutritionally....you will be forever glad you did , no matter how long you breast feed for .Some moms manage to feed their babes for weeks some for months and beyond , doesn't matter  .First time is always a bit tougher as like anything its a new experience ..trust me its worth trying and if it doesnt wrok out tere are darn good formulas on the market today ..Let us know what you decide ...and congrats on the new baby ,,when is he/her due ?
Blank
Thanks. Dec 31st... But depending on how the baby feels, could be a christmas baby. I find out what I'm having this wednesday!!! Crossing fingers for a girl!!!
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Exciting indeed, let us know , I am hoping for a girl for you, all those pretty clothes to buy ....
Blank
hi i am 4 months now with a first kids (girl). its really difficult to learn baby breast feed for first time mom.
Try to avoid bottle feed in starting(till 3 months if baby is on breast feed) and try to offer baby  breast nipple asap from first day.
if baby refuses, express milk  in a bowl and feed with a spoon.
the baby who are on breast feed sleeps almost 18-20 hrs in a day in first months so it is big advantage for tired mothers to get some time to relax.
  good luck... hoping for a girl...
Blank
Thanks ladies.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
good input about feeding baby and congratulations on the baby girl you are expecting, its true babies do sleep well the first few months , I always think a routine is a good thing .Good luck let us know when baby is born ...
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
I just read the post after this one and I see you had the baby and is 4 months old now , I misunderstood you,..glad all is well ...good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...