First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
Hi ! :)

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Hi ! :)

just saying hello ! first time mommy :) was due last saturday but my baby doesn't wanna cooperate ! hopefully I'll be part of the club by next tuesday! I'm getting induced sunday night

btw.. team blue !!! :D
Hi there and welcome ..hah I went 10 days over with the first I was swallowing caster oil to help her roll out, yuck .2nd I had at home curtesy of the NHS in UK ..third one at home also , 4th is hospital ...the last was induced I too was glad to get it all done and have my baby there ...wonderful experiences ..Let us know how you get on ..good luck do you know what baby is ?
Congratutions and Good luck.
My daughter was over due as well. only by a few days though not 10. wow. I couldn't imagine such things margypops.
Do you know how they will be inducing you?

I was checked by my dr and that same day she sent me to L&D i was already 4cm and very very thin. So they went ahead and just broke my water. My contractions were every two minutes like clockwork after that.
Thank goodness for epidurlas. I made it to 6cm and said no way. I did not however feel a contraction til I was 5cm. Weird. Even before they broke my water not one contraction that hurt. lol.

Do keep us posted. ;-)
Welcome there! Congrats on team blue! I had my first (baby girl) in march. It's wonderful! Very hard but wonderful. Good luck.
Ohmygoodness, 10 days :x I'll be 8 days when I get induced! & Ashleigh I wish I was already dialated or something ! lol hopefully my lil man has made some progress since Tuesday morning. I heard my doctor say on the phone something about cervidil. I really am not looking forward to being induced! I wanted to try to go as natural as possible but haven't heard many good induction stories :/ we'll see how it goes tho !
Thank you cnhauk ! congrats on your little girl :)
Well I wish you luck and keep in mind mommyTobe everyone is different.
Just because you hear a horror story dosen't mean it'll happen to you.
I always heard that when you went in to L&D there were women screaming and that it would frighten you. Their full of it lol. or else they sound proof those rooms well. I didn't make a peep in labor except to cry for a minute when I did feel the contractions WOW. my theory is if you think positive that it wont be so bad it wont be. It worked for me. My labor was only 6 1/2 hours. pushing included. :) Think positive and I bet you can beat me. <3
Yea I'm not too nervous bout labor, I mean I know it's gonna hurt. I just gotta stay as relaxed as possible! hopefully I can, well see how it goes! thank you (-:
The biggest suggestion I can give you is the breath through the contractions. Close your eyes and take long deep breath in through your nose and slowly breath out though your mouth. Do this throughout your whole contraction. I also swayed my hips with my husband during and that helped. Like you said, try to keep your body relaxed. It will hurt and you'll want to tense up your body but that just prolongs things.
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources