First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
Introducing solids
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Introducing solids

Hi, my baby is just now 6 months old and I've been trying to introduce solids. I plan on making all of his food at home. A few weeks ago I tried oatmeal with a little bit of breastmilk. He ate a few bites. Then I read that it was better for them to start at 6 months. So a few days ago I gave him avocado, and he threw it up. Not just spit it up, he vomited everything that in his tummy. So I just assumed that he didn't like avocado very much. lol. Today I gave him more oatmeal and breastmilk but he was gagging after the first bite. I gave him another bite and he kept it all down. I am purééing everything and mixing it with my hand expressed breastmilk. So I know he's not choking on it and I know the milk isn't bad. Is this just because he's not used to other flavors yet? What should I do? Should I be persistent. I'm only trying once/day right now. Help.