First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
Please help
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please help

My dd is 9 weeks old and for the past week she has been fighting naps and now night time sleep. She screams and throws her arms shakes her head and will then calm down only to start it again....  She does this til she falls asleep. Idk what to do for her. Is it normal?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
yes it sounds normal..if she is out of routine, she may have some cholic or acid reflux so really I would have her checked out, is she breast fed or bottle fed ad it may be the formula needs changing
Blank
1927715_tn?1392059540
He is formula fed. I think it's bc my baby sitter ( my sister ) lets her sleep all day now the poor thing hates it. She's great at night tho.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
well 9 weeks old do sleep a lot but it could be baby is missing his mom, I suggest you cut the hours of work,if you are working 9 weeks old needs mommy around ..also what routine has your sister got him/her on I would check it out ....does she have good knowledge of looking after a baby this young ?
Blank
1927715_tn?1392059540
No my sister only does what I tell her too. Well she did. She rather my daughter sleep all day then hear her cry. I'm at my wits end with trying to stress how important it is for her to play w my daughter and keep her awake more and not make her sleep. Now she's holding her the whole time while she sleeps which I am guilty of as we'll. I have been holding her til she sleeps then I put her down if she cries I lay with her til she sleeps again. I can't afford not to work.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...